Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant – Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration officer
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
The function is to support the implementation of financial and administrative activities of the project. Ensure the project team is guided and facilitated during project implementation to avoid over or under spending of budgets, mismanagement of resources.
Position in the organisation
The Finance & Administrative Assistant reports to the Finance and Admin Officer and Works closely with the programmatic team and quality team on Operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate payments with full compliance with Solidaridad regulations;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted and travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports to projects
- Timely accounts closure;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including staff advance/receivable, Fuel advance, petty cash;
- Support month-end and year-end closure through report preparation and submission including e.g. travel claim monitoring sheet, petty cash reconciliation, review and monitoring of receipt accrual and payment voucher status.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Support to office space arrangement, floor plan, and relevant purchase of office furniture;
- Support to assets management and physical assets verification;
- Support maintenance of premises and common services, office insurances and management of document storage
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to lease agreements and Project Offices and related maintenance and insurance
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters:
- Handling adhoc inquiries on payments and other financial transactions;
- Perform other work duties assigned by the Finance and Admin Officer.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field e.g Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in finance, administration, and project management for international organizations
- Computer literate, Proficient in QuickBooks and comfortable with e-accounting packages.
- Pleasant disposition**
- Self-driven motivation and belief in the continuous improvement philosophy**
- Able to cope with heavy working conditions and deadlines reasonably well**
- Ability to communicate and report concisely.**
How To Apply for Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to: Emails: [email protected]
The CVs will be evaluated as they are received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: This position is open to Uganda nationals and/or candidates that can prove they have the right to work in Uganda at the time of their application.**
Closing Date: 12th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.