Job Title: 2 Project Officers – SNV Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: SNV Netherlands Development Organization.
Reports To: Programme Manager.
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda.
SNV Uganda Profile:
SNV is a not-for-proﬁt international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services — empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The Project Field Officer is part of the project team. The Project Field Officer will work at the project level; ensuring the (quality of the) service delivery to the client or user community. He or she shall execute the local delivery of the project conform advice given by the advisor(s) and conform SNV procedures and guidelines, ensure timeliness and project standards are met. Anticipate on delivery challenges to ensure service and delivery continuity. The position is provided for 45 months.
This position is based in Arua, with periodic travel to Kampala and districts in the West Nile region (Arua, Madi Okollo, Obongi and Moyo).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Service & process delivery
- Provides process services and delivery to reach project goals, as advised by the advisor within given guidelines, ensuring consistency and quality of delivery.
- Guides and trains local community in (training towards) performing conform project goals.
Internal and external communication
- Informs and is informed about the development/changes in the project, is consistently responsive to the client community and pro-active and confident in engaging with external stakeholders (government, NGOs, private sector or other relevant stakeholders).
Project data handling
- Collects data in the field (paperwork) checks and enters all relevant data into relevant system(s). Signals abnormalities.
- Assesses service delivery quality and adapts service processes, to increase efficiency.
- Contributes to internal and external knowledge development,
- Ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice and may be appointed as a (national) focal point of an expert network.
- Initiates/coordinates the review process and evaluation of advisory services in order to collect lessons learned proposes corrective measures and ensures identification of follow up assignments.
- Participates in knowledge development/expertise groups and in internal and external networks.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with relevant experience (3 or 4 years) in operations (support).
- Good analytical and IT skills.
- Previous working experience in West Nile is desired.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders;
- Proven experience developing high-quality written deliverables, such as training materials, work plans and periodic performance reports.
- Experience working with EU funded project or other donors is an asset.
- Indirect impact through the provision of activities that require administrative proficiency and support
- The ability to communicate in clear language and to adjust one’s use of language to the audience’s level, making sure ideas and essence are understood by the audience
- The ability to change one’s behavioural style and/or views in order to achieve a set goal.
- The ability to hold on to views and plans of action, despite adversity.
- The ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Encouraging and guiding employees in order to make their performance more effective and to enhance their self-perception and problem-solving skills
- Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and detail-oriented, with a proactive planning and execution.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors is highly desired.
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Start To Apply Here
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020