Job Title: Data Systems Officer – Sightsavers Uganda Jobs 2022
Job Location: Uganda
Sightsavers is an international NGO working in over 30 countries in Africa and Asia to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the inclusion of people living with disabilities so that they can enjoy equal rights and lives free from stigma and discrimination.
From October 2020, and in partnership with the United Kingdom Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Sightsavers has been working on a project in Uganda to restore and protect people’s sight in an environment which is inclusive and accessible for marginalised groups, including women and men with disabilities. The project has been examining the differences in access to and uptake of services between people with and without disabilities.
This project is being carried out across the Karamoja region or Uganda with data to be collected in 2022 from eye health outreach camps in Moroto, Amudat, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak. It is hoped that evidence generated through this project will be used to inform Sightsavers and extended partner programmes.
Sightsavers are currently seeking a Data Systems Officer to work within our Data Analytics and Reporting Team (DART) to support data capture and management of the Programme Portal and Sightsavers organisational output data collection system.
As the Data Systems Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of their system, including user support and overseeing the submission of data for Sightsavers’ projects across more than 30 countries.
You will also support key team members with the further development and integration of this essential organisational system into programme monitoring and reporting work
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and support maintenance of project & programme sites ensuring all information remains up-to-date and accurate
- Supporting mapping of project indicators to organisational standard indicators and adding all indicators to project sites
- Maintain user guidance and induction materials
- Provide both initial and ongoing training and support to system users
- Manage the team’s service desk for system support requests
- Support DART members to ensure service desk is aligned to current operational support needs
- Track data submissions and compliance with reporting deadlines
- Liaise with Country Offices and other colleagues to address queries and errors
- Support the ongoing development and integration of organisational data capture and monitoring systems
- Support the development and implementation of processes that support good practice and high quality in data management for our programmes
As the ideal candidate you will have experience in a similar role (or hold a degree in a relevant field) and of working on IT systems development and support, as well as possessing a background in reviewing and testing software, and of delivering training and/or supporting staff learning in different contexts (face to face, online)
Further qualities include:
- Understanding of international development issues and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Good understanding of data or statistics
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify important issues and communicate those to colleagues
- Demonstrated experience with DHIS2 or similar health management information systems
- Written and spoken English
- Experience using Power BI or other data visualisation software
- Experience using Power Apps, Commcare, or other mobile data capture software
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Teams
- Written and spoken French or Portuguese
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply for Sightsavers Uganda Jobs 2022
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online through the link below:
Deadline: 17 July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.