Job Title: Accountant – Serenity Centre Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Serenity Centre Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Serenity Centre Uganda Profile:
Serenity Centre is a pioneer NGO registered under the NGO Statue 1989 with a mission to provide holistic services to the individuals, families and communities affected by substance use and related illnesses. From a humble beginning since August 2001, Serenity Centre has continued to offer a number of rehabilitation programs to individuals who struggle with Alcoholism, drug addiction (Heroin, Cocaine, and Marijuana,) prescribed medication and many related substances.
We are looking for a highly motivated result driven individual with exceptional multitasking skills for a post of “Accountant”.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of financial statements and other management reports in accordance with accounting standards and procedures.
- Timely closure of monthly accounts, prepare management accounts and monthly budgets.
- Timely submission of statutory payments/reports (VAT, WHT, Income tax) and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Tax planning and Liaise with Uganda Revenue Authority.
- Dealing with customers & suppliers and follow up on payments.
- Maintain the debtors and creditors reconciliations.
- Liaise with external parties such as external auditors and banks.
- Supervise and guide the finance department employees.
- Full qualification or final level qualification of CPA /ACCA /CIMA.
- Holding a degree in Accounting/Finance/Management will be added advantage.
- At least three to four years of work experience in similar capacity.
- Hands-on experience of using URA online tax system.
- Sound knowledge in VAT, WHT, Income tax law and Accounting standards.
- Hands on experience in accounting package (QB) and Advanced Ms Excel.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to manage work pressure and meet the deadline with minimum supervision.
How To Apply for Serenity Centre Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should submit an updated CV along with the names and contact details of two non-related referees to the following Email address: [email protected]. Please indicate “Accountant” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.