Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Data Clerks (Data Entry Jobs Uganda)
Data Entry Jobs Uganda: Send A Cow Uganda is a growing and dynamic Christian international development charity that aims at giving vulnerable and poor families in communities the hope and the means to secure their own futures from the land. In line with our vision of “a confident and thriving rural Africa”, Send a Cow Uganda provides livelihoods options in terms of savings mobilisation, livestock management, seeds, on-farm training, and ongoing support to vulnerable people and smallholder farmers in Africa.
Send a Cow has been working in Uganda since its inception in 1988. It currently works in 42 districts from the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting orphaned children, youth and smallholder farmers.
In partnership with CRS, Send a Cow Uganda is implementing a project in Gomba, Mityana, Luwero, Wakiso and Rakai Districts. There exist the following short term employment opportunities for which applications are being solicited:
Data Entry Jobs Uganda: The Data Clerk will plan with a view to tracking and documenting lessons learnt and quality compliance of the project. He/She will ensure quality, strengthen agent capacity on data collection, ensure design of appropriate data collection tools, collect, enter and clean data, store, and retrieve project data from the project officers as well as directly from the youth, orphans and their caregivers in the project area. Using recommended software, the Data Clerk will process and analyse data and generate appropriate reports to his/her supervisor.
1. Prepare raw data and sort documents / data sheets for the purpose of data entry. To do this, he/she has to cross-verify each and every data before entering.
2. Establish entry priorities by maintaining understanding of what data needs to be entered first.
3. Check source documents against entered data to ensure data integrity at every stage.
4. Check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into prescribed database software and review data for deficiencies, if any.
5. Secure entered information by creating data backups on a periodic basis.
6. Confer with supervisor regarding incomplete information and resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or return incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
7. Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorized officers at the right time in the right reporting style.
8. Assist in developing and maintaining improved records within the database system.
9. Produce automated data entry and integration reports when requested.
10. Generate statistical reports based on maintained data on a periodic basis.
11. Test new database systems by performing mock data entry tasks.
12. Suggest and/or initiate the most effective and efficient data management systems for specific project needs.
13. Communicate with project managers and maintain proper information flow and have general project awareness and necessary information. Additionally, coordinate data collection processes and with managers for generating necessary reports, understanding important and key project information, and prioritizing data sets.
14. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
15. Maintain and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
a. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics from a reputable university.
b. Knowledge of data base designing and maintenance is of added advantage.
c. Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in data entry, analysis and reporting in savings-led microfinance models (e.g. Village Savings and Loans Associations – VSLA; Savings for Change, CO-SAVE, SILC, etc), Producer Business Associations, and Area Cooperative Enterprises (ACE).
d. Experienced use of data entry and processing software (packages) e.g. EpiData, SPSS, STATA and ATLAS.ti
e. Other Experience:
• Proven data entry working experience
• Typing speed and accuracy atleast 40 words in a minute
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, spreadsheets, and data programs
• Trustworthy with an eye for detail
• Analyzing Information
Skills and abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
• Ability to operate under tight deadlines
• Ability to handle project operations, client confidence, and protect confidential information
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a stimulating role and an opportunity to join an international NGO in an exciting period of growth, please download and return the following three documents:
Please email the completed forms to [email protected], with the job title that you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Closing date for applications is February 3rd 2017 at 5.00 p.m. EAT.
CVs will not be accepted, nor will incomplete applications. Please carefully follow the instructions above when applying.
Fresh Graduate Jobs In Uganda: Send A Cow Uganda Jobs – Data Clerks