Job Title: Project Coordinator – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Pakwach District
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non-governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the project manager in the design of implementation plans for efficient and effective delivery of the programme in line with the SAC vision and mission, understanding the implications to the funding budget.
- For the delegated area of operation, coordinate all programme interventions and monitor progress and impact in the project. Compile and submit project and programme financial and narrative reports in a timely manner. Ensure that all stakeholders meet and review progress at regular intervals to ensure project and donor budgets, work-plans and outcomes are on target.
- Support the project manager as required to ensure the project is delivered on time and within the budget parameters.
- Provide information as required to ensure effective management of donor contract against plan, budget and log frame, timely delivery of reports.
- Approve projects funds requests and accountability for the area of operation in accordance with project standards and budgets
- Timely update of shared databases
- Participate in recruitment and selection of project staff and project extension workers. Supervise, mentor, coach and motivate staff in line with the SACU human resource policy and development programme objectives.
- Oversight of trainings in accordance with project plans (to include volunteers, peer farmers, finance etc)
- Ensure that Farmer Groups are fully engaged in the development of plans, monitoring and reporting.
- Establish and develop good working relationship between SAC and the development groups in the project areas, confirming in an MOU; regularly monitor and assess the growth of the groups in line with SAC group development guidelines
- Contribute to grant proposals as required
- Relevant Diploma or Bachelors level qualification
- Masters level qualification in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Rich field and community development work experience
- Knowledge in extension services delivery
- At least three years in a management position.
- Experience of preparing, monitoring and managing budgets and work plans
- Staff Management experience
- Full and deep understanding of all technical aspects of the SACU programme
- Strong people management ability
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic Excel and Database skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong networking skills.
How To Apply for Send A Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
Download and fill in the application form provided for each job listing using the link below:
• Attach a comprehensive CV, certified copies of transcripts and certificates
• Provide examples of 3 key achievements which demonstrate at least one of the competencies identified as key for the position.
• Submit applications online to; [email protected] mentioning the position in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday, 7th September 2020 at 5.00p.m. EAT.