Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Associate – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Isingiro
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non-governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all the operations of data entry.
- The M&E associate with support from head office M&E team will supervise data clerks to accurately collect data periodically
- Act as the point of contact for all data needs and ensure that users’ data needs are met.
- Act as the point person for all data & IT related issues.
- Liaise with Data clerks to ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare reports and monthly summaries as required
- Provide line technical supervision support for Data Management staff
- Orient, train and mentor Data Management staff
- Perform routine backups and ensure security of data captured into the project MIS & other databases.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data as & when required for project requirements.
- Participate in periodic reviews
- Support profiling of beneficiary Profiling
- Take lead in Farmer Organization survey
- Take lead in group surveys
- Tracking group monthly sales of FOs
- Oversee and support operations of project quality assurance aspects
- Support the documentation of learnings and best practices
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of annual and quarterly work plan
- Provide technical advice and follow up with programme implementers to ensure compliance with the M&E needs of the project
- Organize and undertake periodic monitoring visits across programmes to ensure compliance with programming quality standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors in statistics, computer science, business economics, quantitative economics, information technology, with a post-graduate diploma in M&E from a reputable institution.
- At least three years in implementing M&E systems
- Experience in using web based data systems
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong time management skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment with rapid turnaround of work products
- Attention to detail, especially regarding data accuracy.
- Team player and management skills, as well as good communication skills
- Competence in electronic data base packages
- Good understanding WFP requirements, expectations and tools
- Knowledge in M&E, Research, Data Management & Quality Assurance.
- S/he must have demonstrable advanced computer skills in STATA, SPSS, MS Excel and MS Access
How To Apply For Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: 30th October 2020, 5:00 p.m