Job Title: 8 Field Training Officers – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Isingiro (5) and Kyegegwa (3).
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non-governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen the capacity of farmer organizations (FOS) in Organizational development
- Strengthen the capacity of farmers for collection action
- Guide development of viable commodity business plans and work plans for FOs
- Support profiling of farmers
- Carry our community mobilizations and sensitizations
- Prepare training materials, modules with translation in local language on Post-Harvest Handling, Farmer Institutional Development and Marketing.
- Train farmer groups in postharvest handling and agribusiness/ farming as a business
- Ensure balanced and gender-responsive participation of stakeholders in all activities
- Lead farmers, extension agents in the project area by organizing field demonstrations and practical sessions.
- Submit Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports to the market linkage officer
- Train FOs in financial literacy
- Train farmers inappropriate post-harvest management practices.:
- Train of farmer group leaders in bulking and storage:
- Support establishment of Post-Harvest Management demonstration and linkages to technologies
- Mentorship of aggregators/processors/millers on quality assurance and management systems.
- Train and mentorship in warehouse and inventory management
- Train groups in nutrition and promote the linkage of diversified food types
- Conducting onsite farmer training
- Documentation of success stories and best learning practices
- Ensuring that COVID19 prevention and response measures are in place before any training.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Agriculture, agribusiness, agriculture, extension, organic agriculture and any other relevant qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in the agriculture value chain
- Rich field and community development work experience
- Extensive knowledge in the implementation of the agriculture value chain
- Knowledge in extension services delivery
- Experience of preparing work plans
- Experience in the mentorship of community-based facilitators
- Full and deep understanding of all technical aspects of the SACU programme
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic Excel and Database skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong networking skills.
How To Apply For Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: 30th October 2020, 5:00 p.m