Job Title: 3 Agricultural Extension Workers – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Pakwach District
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Formulate detailed work plans to implement activities which address identified Sustainable agriculture development needs of project participants, families and communities.
- Coordinate and Participate in implementing follow- up, training and retraining plans for staff/partners and to the selected farmer groups or associations and advise on any other emerging development needs.
- Reporting on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities, farm productivity, sustainable organic agriculture.
- Documentation of success stories and case studies
- Ensure farmers are followed up regularly and re-training programs in sustainable agriculture is implemented.
- Coordinate Peer Farmer Development individually and as a Group.
- Participate in streamlining gender equity in groups and individual families
- Training families in good farm management practices.
- Collecting data for continuous updates of SACU Program data bases including web based systems.
- Contribute to grant proposals as required.
- Ensure good networking and collaboration relationships with government and other development partners in the project area
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or any related field or Diploma in Agriculture or any related field with 5 years’ experience.
- Field development experience involving application of sustainable agriculture methodologies
- Knowledge in extension services delivery
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets and work plans
- Ability to encourage and enable the rural poor, working within their communities
- Ability to deliver training programmes
- Experience in NGO work.
- Community development experience
- Experience in research and development
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic Excel and Database skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good networking skills.
- Able to work well with government and other development partners
- Motorbike riding skills with a valid riding permit
- Good computer skills.
How To Apply for Send A Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
Download and fill in the application form provided for each job listing using the link below:
• Attach a comprehensive CV, certified copies of transcripts and certificates
• Provide examples of 3 key achievements which demonstrate at least one of the competencies identified as key for the position.
• Submit applications online to; [email protected] mentioning the position in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday, 7th September 2020 at 5.00p.m. EAT.