Job Title: Agribusiness Facilitator – Self Help Africa Jobs 2022
Organization: Self Help Africa (SHA)
Reports to: Agribusiness Project Manager
Self Help Africa (SHA) Profile:
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa. Headquartered in Ireland, with offices in the UK, the US and seven African countries, SHA focuses on agriculture and agribusiness as the engine of growth in Africa. Our approach is collaborative and market-based: although we see our primary clients as smallholder farmers in Africa, we work with all participants in agricultural value chains. With over 250 staff worldwide, and a global turnover of over €20m, SHA currently runs programmes on behalf of a range of organisations including the European Union, Irish Aid, the World Food Programme, Danida and the UK Department for International Development.
The Agribusiness Facilitator will facilitate the planning and implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities directly with beneficiaries and other stakeholders. This includes technical backstopping and other support to beneficiary individuals, farmer organisations and associations and other stakeholders like local CBOs/NGOs and private sector players, who are working with project beneficiaries
Roles and Responsibilities:
Facilitate activity planning and implementation of plans with beneficiaries
- Sensitise communities on what the project will do, including project methodologies and approach.
- Establish good relationship with local leaders and opinion leaders in the area.
- Coordinate mobilisation and scheduling of community and/or group meetings.
- Facilitate participatory needs identification and problem analysis and planning exercises.
- Make follow-ups to review progress on implementation of the plans.
- Prepare reports on group and/or community planning processes in accordance with the project implementation plan.
Liaison and linkage with government officials, local businesses, CBOs and other service providers within the project area.
- Promote linkages and cordial relationship with government officials and other NGOs
- Identify public and private sector service providers within the project area whose services and activities may be useful to the project beneficiaries
- Provide information to the beneficiary communities and groups on existing service providers and businesses in the area.
- Support the PM in creating awareness on project activities and approach to government officials, businesses and NGOs in the project area.
- Perform any other assignment that may be given to you regarding linkages and liaison with other NGOs, private sector and government.
Supporting institutional and business development for smallholder farmers and/or farmer groups
- Support groups formation and organisational development processes, including registration and development of constitutions and/or group rules
- Training group members and leaders in group dynamics, leadership and other aspects of organisational development.
- Facilitate access to and dissemination of information on agricultural technologies and related business opportunities
- Support the identification and access to appropriate agricultural technologies for enhance production and value addition
- Promote the production of extension materials to promote the dissemination of technologies within the communities.
- Provide training in VSLAs and other pro-poor financial services to project beneficiaries
- Support and train farmer groups and networks in market information systems, market data collection, analysis and dissemination, price determination and setting, and accessing and utilising market information through different channels. Ensure the provision of weekly commodity market price information.
Support the integration of women and other marginalised groups in project activities
- Sensitise communities on gender related issues.
- Undertake diagnostic studies to understand women’s constraints to full participation in project activities
- Using appropriate participatory tools, identify community criteria for wellbeing and how its distributed among the community by gender and other dimensions
- Identify and promote measures to enhance the participation of women and other marginalised groups in project activities
- Work with M&E Associate to ensure gender concerns are manifested in the project M&E reports
- Do any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor concerning the maximisation of women’s and other marginalised groups’ involvement in project activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Implement project M&E plans with support from PM and M&E Associate
- Participate in data collection based on agreed M&E tools and processes as advised PM and M&E Associate
- Facilitate learning, promote peer-learning between staff and partners, participate in relevant national networks and actively engage in organisation level focal groups.
- Explore opportunities for positioning, innovation, upscaling and potential follow up projects
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in any field (preferably agriculture, extension, social sciences, agribusiness, business administration or related disciplines)
- Demonstrated knowledge of community facilitation skills
- Experience in participatory market surveys and value chain analysis of different agricultural commodities
- Understanding of key aspects of SHA development work; including food, nutrition and livelihood security and cross-cutting themes (e.g. youth, social inclusion, environment, HIV and AIDS);
- Skills in training and facilitation of community processes, including organization and mobilization of communities and networking among different development partners such as youth groups, community-based organisations, government officers and SHA staff;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills management and organizational skills, including proficiency in computer packages especially with MSOffice and other related packages;
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practises;
- High level of integrity and high standards of personal conduct;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take initiative
- Ability to solve problems and take corrective action
- Experience working in project geographical region
- Experience working with farmer groups and private sector actors
How To Apply for Self Help Africa Jobs 2022
All candidates should download and fill out this application form, Download Here
Qualified candidates should upload a completed application form, motivational letter and CV to the SHA Online Recruitment Portal:
Deadline: Thursday 21st April 2022 at 5pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.