Job Title: Paralegal – SeaOwl Energy Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: SeaOwl Energy Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Legal Manager (N+1); Legal Director (N+2)
SeaOwl Energy Services Profile:
SeaOwl manages the complete recruitment cycle from sourcing, recruitment, mobilization and personnel planning for energy customers. It is specialized in highly-skilled profiles and the underlying activity of designees / staff mainly covers drilling and off-shore oil rig management. It also provides scalable, integrated operations & maintenance resources and services covering the lifecycle of energy assets, as well as tele-operated surveillance and maintenance services.
We are currently recruiting experienced Paralegal on behalf of a major international Company. S/he will be responsible for the administrative work and tasks of the Legal Department. S/he will assist the Company Secretary in all activities and tasks related to the Board and the Company Secretarial function. S/he will also work closely with the Shareholders Relation Officer and the Executive Assistants to manage the various communications, minutes and company records. S/he will protect the interests of the Company by maintaining the correct processes and records required of the Company.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare and carry out legal administrative work and tasks.
- Prepare first document drafts, such as contracts and proofread documents.
- Review external communications to government institutions and other project stakeholders.
- Support court processes – filing of documents, attendance records, payment of fees, notarization, registration and management of external clerks.
- Assist the Legal Director in the management of the department safe and manage the legal documents of the Company.
- Prepare internal presentations, precedents, reports and other department materials.
- Conduct legal research and monitor legal developments.
- Analyse and input legal data as required.
- Prepare internal and external articles and case reports.
- Organise case files, attend court inquests and tribunals, transcribe legal opinion and compile litigation bundles as required.
- Organize diaries, schedule meetings and respond to telephone queries.
- Undertake such other assignments as requirement in furtherance of the Department’s mandate.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrable ability to work with others.
- Excellent attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment with high profile conflict risk potentials with partners and/or stakeholders.
- Excellent legal research and analysis skills and reporting.
- Good business acumen and an understanding of in-house legal department’s clients.
- Oil & gas experience or qualifications will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Good communication skills (in English speaking and writing) and strong interpersonal relationship ability
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Required Software Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Fluent in English, (speaking, writing)
- To guarantee the safe and efficient operations of the Company’s Payroll management function
- Guarantee the availability and smooth administration of staff compensation and benefits scheme.
- Ensure updated company structure and accurate headcount forecasts & reports.
- Support departmental budgeting and Guarantee timely reporting
- Respect confidentiality of information
How To Apply for SeaOwl Energy Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Thursday, August 18th, 2022 – 5:00 PM
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.