Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Digital & Social Media Officer – SeaOwl Energy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SeaOwl Energy Services
Duty Station: Kampala
SeaOwl Energy Services Profile:
SeaOwl Energy Services is part of the SeaOwl Group, an international service provider specialised in a wide range of Recruitment, Manpower Contracting & Management, Asset Management, Training, Professional Services and Integrated Services for the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Digital & Social Media Officer to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Corporate Affairs Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the External Communications & Public Affairs Coordinator, the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Develop and implement corporate, operations and special projects online and digital campaigns in line with the annual objectives. To develop digital content to include content for intranet, website, blogs, videos, podcasts and social media in accordance with key messaging and brand guidelines
• Monitor and maintain awareness of the brand’s reputation as well as that of its partners and relevant stakeholders and keep abreast of online discussions around subjects of interest to the company
• Be responsible for the continuous engagement of external and Internal online followers through ensuring timely responses and development of engaging content
• Maintain an updated database of online influencers, assist in the planning of engaging online events and activities as well as influencer relationship management
• Work alongside the Communications team to ensure intranet and website content is kept up to date, with responsibility for editing and maintaining the corporate brand tone
• Be responsible for growing the company’s social media presence, monitoring its usage and ensuring all relevant avenues are maximized
• Ensure that all public company activities receive online media attention and are adequately reflected in the company’s digital media
• Develop scripts, coordinate participation of relevant key persons and the necessary
• Manage paperwork, ensure execution of videography for company project activities for both online and traditional media
• Monitor usage of the group’s intranet, work with employees and various departments to ensure that various pages and information is updated
• Ensure close monitoring, timely delivery and management of relationships with external the monitoring agency
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of policies, procedures and practices to maximize the effectiveness of the company’s digital media channels
• Advise the on various matters related to the use of digital media in engagement activities and keep abreast of digital media developments
• Develop new and innovative ways of engaging with internal and external audiences via digital media including providing visual digital content such as graphics and maps for internal and external reports
• Ensure materials on the communications SharePoint page with easy access for all staff are updated regularly
• Carry out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise in the Communications
• University degree in journalism, communications or a similar discipline.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills. Fluency in English, French an added advantage
• 3 years proven work experience as a Digital media specialist or Digital Communications/Marketing
• Familiarity with web design and content management systems
• Very good communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to initiate research, innovate and keep updated on current technologies, techniques and trends.
• Team player, target oriented, flexible, self-driven and good cultural understanding with ability to work under minimum supervision
• Well-developed computer skills, including proven ability to maintain/update websites, and a demonstrated understanding of the internet, social media, multi-media tools and desktop publishing; experience working with Adobe design tools is an added advantage
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to handle aggressive deadlines
• Strong ability to prioritize and think creatively, possess good problem-solving skills
If you feel you meet the criteria as outlined above and are ready to take on this challenge, please send us your CV ONLY to:
Via email: [email protected]
Tel./ Whatsapp: 0797499962 (Ronnie)
The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Closing Date: 14th July 2021 at 1800 Hours
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.