Job Title: Legal Intern – Schlumberger Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Schlumberger Limited is an oilfield services company. Schlumberger employees represent more than 140 nationalities working in more than 120 countries. Schlumberger has four principal executive offices located in Paris, Houston, London, and The Hague.
The Legal Intern will be a member of the Schlumberger Legal team of Angola, Central and East Africa. He or she will be required to collaborate with various departments within the company and to assist with legal and administrative work within the Legal Department.
Roles and responsibilities:
Key Accountabilities And Decision Ownership
- Support the local and regional Contracts teams, Attorneys and Legal Counsel in various legal and contractual matters.
- Analyze, review and draft various documents and effectively manage their archiving.
- Provide legal assistance to various departments and business lines and collaborate with relevant colleagues and stakeholders, under the supervision and instruction of the regional Attorneys/Legal Counsel.
- Handle day-to-day contracts, legal and corporate matters.
- Interact with GeoUnit support functions and departments.
- Provide legal support to Operations to ensure compliance with local regulations and Schlumberger Code of Ethics.
- Assists Legal Counsel to implement procedures, practices, guidelines and templates.
- Participate in department training and development initiatives and complete assigned training.
- Manages and administers contract-related records in the relevant contracts database on a timely basis.
- Must become familiar with and use all Legal Department systems and tools and assist with the maintenance of records in the Legal Knowledge Management System.
- Participate in strategic initiatives.
- Assists the Contracts Analysts, Contracts Manager, the Attorneys and Legal Counsel as required.
Technical / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Proficiency in English.
- Speaking other languages (preferentially Portuguese, Swahili or French) will be an advantage;
- Admission on the bar will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas laws and services is an advantage.
Core Competencies, Knowledge And Experience
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Knowledge of local laws.
- Must have good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply for Schlumberger Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.