Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: MEAL Coordinator – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Moroto
Reports to: Regional MEAL Manager with dotted line to Manager of SEBSIL project
Dimensions: Based in Moroto field office the Coordinator will support the MEAL function for the SEBSIL project in Moroto district
Staff directly reporting to this post: TBD
Save the Children Profile:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
Provides oversight for SEBSIL project MEAL function including; putting in place and ensuring project uses basic M&E tools to adequately plan, monitor and report in a timely manner on activity implementation; outputs and outcomes; in collaboration with the regional MEAL Manager and Head of MEAL, and project team ensure project has information brief; regular sharing of project updates with stakeholders; a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from project partners and stakeholders; in collaboration with project manager, Head of Education ensure that the project has and uses quality benchmarks in implementation of project activities; together with Project Manager, Head of MEAL and Head of Education identify a learning agenda for the project; plan for learning activities and documentation of learning experiences;. In addition, provide technical support and supervision for data management to ensure that project data for informing outputs and outcome progress is collected accurately and in timely manner; support training of project team and partners on quality data collection and management including use of data to inform decisions on child education priorities
Roles and Responsibilities for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
A: Program design:
• Assess the needs and capacities of the target communities, especially in Education, SBCC, Livelihoods, Health and nutrition as may be required from time to time as a basis for designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs.
• Actively involved in participatory community’s problem analyses for program design through outcome mapping, learning events etc
• Document critical lessons and challenges to be used for program design which should be in the Save the Children strategic learning Agenda while ensuring that the learning agenda is fully understood and used by the program team.
B: Set up a strong MEAL system and operationalize MEAL in the field locations
• Ensure that MEAL planning and discussion are held with program staff, partners and key stakeholders to ensure proper strategic planning and utilization of MEAL findings.
• Support the development and review of program key documents (Theory of Change (ToC), Log frame, M&E plan, Indicator Performance Tracking Table and MEAL Plan in close collaboration with Programmes teams and partners.
• Develop routine monitoring data gathering forms and reporting formats for tracking and maintaining metrics vis a vis targets in the DIP and (IPTT) to flag/address required performance improvements on monthly basis
• Conduct, analyse and disseminate periodic outcome monitoring, evaluations, program studies and research and disseminate the findings for use.
• Implement quarterly data quality assurance activities according to the M&E plan (e.g. data verification and spot checks).
• Control for double counting/create beneficiary unique identifiers and updating the program databases.
• Conduct monthly QB monitoring (at least 80% of activities implemented) and ensure that improvement actions are developed & logged into the action tracker for follow up.
C: Design and operationalize Accountability mechanism
• Support the project team in the development of information sharing materials/briefs, posters and brochures, and dissemination of program information materials to relevant stakeholders, partners and beneficiaries.
• Facilitate program staff to set up relevant contextualized feedback and complaints infrastructures, mechanisms, and approaches to receive feedback and complaints from beneficiaries including children
• Collect and manage complaints and feedback in close coordination with team, track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated complaints tracker
• Adopt Child Safe Guarding and Safe programming into accountability mechanisms for the consortium
• Ensure that all research with human subjects is submitted, per Save the Children’s Ethics Policy, to the Ethics Review Committee to minimize any harm and ensure informed consent.
D: Integrate ICT in the project MEAL system
• Support implementation of SCI Management Information System (MIS) and integration of Geographical Information System (GIS) reporting and coordination Support GIS mapping and dissemination of MIS/GIS reports. Provide MIS content/requirements and feedback to MEAL team and document progress on indicators/achievement of targets
• Enhance use of digital data collection, through the use of Kobo, ODK, or other programs.
• Ensure safeguards and integrity of data management on MIS and/or other online platforms in line with the protection policy.
E: Build culture of Learning and Knowledge Management
• Participate/coordinate the design of quantitative and qualitative participatory evaluations (baseline, annual and final evaluations), assessments, reviews and other special studies in conjunction with Save the Children technical staff and partners.
• Facilitate documentation of the programmes results, impact, best practices and the most significant changes.
• Document learnings and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform programming and advocacy, in line with Save the children learning Agenda and country strategic plan and approach.
• Support conceptualization and planning of learning events/activities
• Pull out the country learning agenda and customize them to the specific program learning questions to be used by program staff.
• Ensure and spearhead program reflection meetings on quarterly, Bi-annually and annually while reviewing the leaning Agenda and check if the available data answers the learning questions.
F: Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
• Coordinate with Technical and operations teams for appropriate allocation of MEAL resources and budget in annual Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) work plans and ensure MEAL has an independent budget which is tracked by the MEAL coordinator.
• Provide technical support on all project planning and reporting. Specifically, provide day to day direct support to the programmes team in preparation and reviewing of annual and quarterly Activity plans and reports, ensure that reports meet SCI reporting standards.
• Oversee the MEAL budget utilization, and ensure timely implementation MEAL activities.
G: Communication and Networking
• Create and sustain positive working relationships internally with other technical staff; externally with the district local government and CSO partners, and other stakeholders, and also maintain an up to date understanding of key development trends in the project area.
• Represent the project in various thematic coordination fora at the district as may be requested by the line manager.
• Ensure coordination with the government activities and structures in the implementation of the projects
• Coordinate regularly and solicit support from SCUS MEAL staff to ensure programmes expectations and requirements are met.
H: Capacity building of program teams
• Identify the capacity gaps and needs of the project staff in MEAL, program quality and utilization of the MEAL system.
• Develop a learning/capacity building matrix to ensure teams capacity are built through continuous mentorship, coaching, training etc.
• Track performance of the team based the area of Capacity built.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities -giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, computer science and related humanities courses. A Post Graduate training in M&E will be added advantage.
Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably in education/protection related programmes with an International NGO). Expertise in using DHIS2, and mobile data collection apps including Kobo, Survey CTO, etc. will be an added advantage
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 2nd July 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.