Job Title: Communications Officer – Sasakawa Africa Jobs 2021
Organization: Sasakawa Africa Association
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sasakawa Africa Association Profile
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmer’ organizations and the private sector.
Sasakawa Africa Association Uganda (SAA) is looking for a dynamic, proactive Communications Officer who can work independently while also working as part of a team to deliver high quality results to enhance SAA’s work and raise its profile. He/she must be able to use modern technologies and social networks to communicate in real time the core achievements of the Country program. In consultation with the Country Team, he/she must ensure the overall planning, implementation, coordination, supervision and reporting of communication activities at the national level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Country Communication strategy
- Raise the profile of SAA country program through strategic communication of her activities and accomplishments.
- Use SAA’s branding to improve its visibility as an International NGO to donors and strategic partnerships.
- In collaboration with the Country Team, organize and coordinate agriculture field and media days with appropriate documentation, reporting and follow-up.
- Working with the Country Director and in collaboration with the Regional communications office to coordinate the organization’s public relations engagements; and regularly update social media platforms with up-todate, accurate and quality information in accordance with SAA communications guidelines.
- Develop and consolidate strong media networks to increase outreach with key partners, policy makers, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain a progressive database of partners, collaborators, service providers and associates by collaborating with the Administration office.
- Identify communication gaps, and develop and conduct communications trainings for technical and field staff
- Manage organisation key events and any other PR functions
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, public relations, Information technology and any other related field. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Three years of experience in communications and media relations preferably in development programmes
- Candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of various media applications and channels of communication
- Practical skills in Photography
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to write policy briefs as well as publishing in journals
How To Apply for Sasakawa Africa Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their Email applications with an application letter, a two-paged CV and scanned copies of ONLY Relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association
Deadline: 15th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.