Job Title: DevOps Engineer – SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2022
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, as well as Food deliveries to keep Africa moving forward.
We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to keep building and maintain one of the best apps in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business. The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with our Tech Leads (Infrastructure, backend, mobile, and CTO) and Product Managers.
For this role we are looking for a DevOps engineer who knows Docker inside and out. They will be responsible for implementing our containerization technology strategies. They will also design our architecture and define our roadmap. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
The candidate has to be an expert in Docker and containerization technologies. They must have knowledge about container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools for these orchestration tools. They will also be responsible for building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines and keeping themselves and their team up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve an auto-scaling system for our Kubernetes nodes.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing configuration management (Terraform) infrastructure as code.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Develop deployment support documentation for technology solutions
- Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
- Develop strategies and provide guidance to support containerized software development
- Assist in establishing best practices and design patterns supporting Cloud deployment using containerization, continuous integration, test automation and continuous delivery
- Document and mentor developers in CI/CD processes, technologies and design patterns for best practices for Cloud based deployment for containerization and scaling for performance
Minimum Qualifications for SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, engineering or similar.
- At least two years of experience with kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Operations or systems administration experience, particularly on Linux.
- Experience with container networking on Docker.
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, and New Relic
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond ; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
How To Apply for SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2022
Send an email [email protected] attaching your CV and Application letter indicating why you are the right fit for the role.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.