Job Title: Assistant Information Systems Officer – RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: NASE Uganda
United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Profile:
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with production of monthly and quarterly Key Performance Indicators and effective analytical management reports from multiple sources within preset deadlines.
- Participate in extraction of data from various information systems including: Field Support Suite (FSS), RSCE Workflow Tracking System, Siebel Customer Relationship Management System (iNeed), and SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System (Umoja). Import information into a data warehouse using Structured Query Language (SQL) and the use of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes. Analyze and transform data through programming in SQL and Power Query. Create reports with charts, visualizations, graphs or tables in Power BI.
- Assist with analyzing data and output to ensure accuracy and integrity for decision making.
- Assist with data warehouse design, implementation and maintenance.
- Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications for new reports and dashboards;
- Assists in the design, development and installation of reporting information systems including Microsoft PowerApps, Power BI and SQL Server;
- Assists in the analysis of modules within the system, suggests enhancements and new features to existing systems; may assist in the design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements);
- Undertakes rigorous testing and proving of applications software;
- Maintains assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc;
- Provides assistance in the writing and developing of programs to interface with existing systems by implementing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes;
- Ensures data security and integrity;
- Participates in developing disaster recovery plans;
- Assists in the preparation, updating and maintaining of system’s documentation and related
- technical/procedural manuals, including maintenance of detailed methodologies of all RSCE monthly and quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including data source, composition, calculations and measurement criteria;
- Assists in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures;
- Participates in Helpdesk support services;
- Participates in facilitating communications between QABI and its clients for good client relations
- Advises users on the most suitable hardware and software for different tasks; maintains and enhances software;
- Drafts training manuals and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users in relevant technologies e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL;
- Participates in special projects as assigned;
- Performs ad hoc duties as required;
- May train and provide guidance to new/junior staff and consultants
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Assistant Information Systems Officer job placement should hold a first-level university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Communication Technology or another related field. Required.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible professional experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
- Experience programming in SQL is required.
- Experience in analysis of large volumes of data from multiple sources is desirable.
- Experience in Power BI visualization and DAX is desirable.
- Experience in implementing ETL processes is desirable.
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modelling is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply for RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Apply Here Now
Application Deadline: 12th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.