Job Title: Finance Assistant – Riamiriam Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Riamiriam Civil Society Network – Karamoja
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Riamiriam Civil Society Network – Karamoja Profile:
Riamiriam civil society network- Karamoja is non governmental organization which was established in 2003. The Organization is registered with national NGO board with the registration number (S. 5914/5127).
The Finance Assistant will work closely with Executive Director and Finance officer. She/he will follow the proper utilization of the budget, directly support in the smooth running of the day-to-day activities of Apolou and Ekisil projects, provide accounting support with a specific focus on financial management, cash management, bookkeeping and financial records management, advances management, bank reconciliation, Asset management, enforcing internal controls and ensure compliance with Riamiriam, donor finance policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor cash flow and ensure that there are sufficient funds always available in the bank
- Ensure all staff and volunteers are adhering to the financial procedures and policies and ensure that all financial transactions are accurate and properly accounted for.
- Regularly prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required by donor and the Riamiriam management
- Ensure monthly budget variance reports are prepared and shared with the supervisor
- Ensure compliance with the financial statutory requirements as well as donor requirements.
- Review project files to ensure constituency and accuracy of the vouchers and the supporting information
- Regularly update all the accounting records and books of account such as ledgers and journals for all the projects
- Ensure that all payments for supplies and or projects activities are in accordance with relevant Riamiriam regulations, approved work plans and budgets.
- Manage petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash books, and ensure that all the petty book keeping and coding is accurate.
- Ensure that cheque books, purchase order books, invoice among others are in place, well accounted for and are kept in a safe and secure custody.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations as well as debtors and creditors statements are monitored monthly. Write and issue cheques to vendors and pick bank statements from Riamiriam accounts
- Ensure proper filing of voucher with proper supporting documents and on proper files.
- Maintain records of accounts. Payable and accounts receivable and generate monthly aging analysis of advance
- Ensure procurement guidelines are followed for procurement of any general items and consumables
- Ensure that all procurements are managed as per terms of reference, contract terms or any other binding document
- Participate in the procurement committee meetings and together with members agree on the items and service providers to use under the project
- Ensure timely payment are made to procured items based on approved budgets. 4. Fundraising and Partnerships
- Support the development of budgets for the new proposals and preparation of financial information
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in line with your duties
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors Degree of Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- At least two years of relevant experience in finance or audit.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation Adequate understanding of donors rules and regulations is required.
- Experience in the use of MS office including excel, word and power point.
- Working knowledge of an accounting package – QuickBooks Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically. Fluency in English – written and verbal Effective IT Skills (Microsoft Office).
- Experience of working in Karamoja
- Valid riding permit
How To Apply for Riamiriam Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply and submit detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic/professional certificates, a motivation letter stating your salary expectation and contacts of 3 professional referees to: E-Mail: [email protected] quoting the position, you are applying for as a subject. Or Hand deliver your application and addressed it to the Executive Director Riamiriam Civil Society Network Circular road, plot no.10 P.O Box 100 Moroto, Uganda
Deadline: 22nd June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.