Job Title: Qualitative Research Officer – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization founded in 1987, formerly the Rakai Project.
The Social & Behavioral Sciences Research Assistant works directly with the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences of the Rakai Health Sciences Program. On a day-to-day basis, he/she participates in the department’s main activities which include participant’s mobilization and sensitization, participants’ recruitment and interviewing and data management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To participate in ongoing mobilization, participant recruitment and sensitization about qualitative research and other RHSP research activities within the study communities.
- To work with the team leader, supervisor and community mobilizers to identify key informants and FGD participants and to schedule with them when and where to hold interviews and discussions.
- To conduct all data collection, timely transcription and data handling using appropriate and ethically sound qualitative research techniques and according to the developed research protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To bring to the attention of the team leader any problems that are encountered in the field.
- To maintain regular contact with the team leader and to pass on completed transcripts and other forms to him/her.
- To review the monitoring sheet from the supervisor and to make corrections on the script or/and to discuss with him/her any problems identified in his/her work. This may necessitate revisiting the key informant.
- To participate in developing, preparing and /or fine-tuning the instruments for fieldwork.
- To participate in training for new and ongoing qualitative research studies.
- To participate in qualitative research data analysis.
- To attend to any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have a minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in SWSA, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Adult, and Community Education,
- At least one years’ experience in medical research using Qualitative Research methods
- Computer Knowledge and skills
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Communication skills and the ability to speak the local languages.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
How to apply for RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to:
The HR Manager
To the email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Job title under the subject of the mail.
Only Online applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: Tuesday, 31st December 2019 by 5:00 pm
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.