Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Kalisizo
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The position holder will support in monitoring and providing on-site support of medicines and health supplies in the supported districts/health facilities according to MOH standards. He/she will further ensure an adequate supply of quality medicines and health supplies, proper stock management, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support health facilities to develop pharmacy systems and annual procurement plans.
• Provide technical assistance, mentorships and CMEs in medicines and health supplies management and disseminate information updates regarding logistics management.
• Support health facilities in quantification and timely ordering and reporting for medicines and health supplies as per the warehouse schedule.
• Strengthen pharmacovigilance and adherence issues in the supported health facilities.
• Support health facilities and medicine management supervisors to implement RX solution, RASS and SPARS and submit timely required reports.
• Develop and follow up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health facilities.
• Participate in the verification of medicines and health supplies on delivery to the health facilities and submit order fulfillment reports.
• Support health workers in their dispensing, stock management, and storage management practices.
• Participate in the redistribution of medicines and health supplies in the supported districts.
• Participate in budgeting for supply chain activities, requisitioning and appropriately account for the disbursed funds.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your roles.
• At least a Diploma in pharmacy or Nursing
• Possession of additional qualifications in logistics management/supply chain is an added advantage.
• At least one year’s experience in a clinical setting.
• Should be computer literate.
• Should be able to ride a motorcycle.
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees(include email address & contact number), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in one document addressed to the HR Manager to
Deadline: Tuesday 31st March 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.