Job Title: 13 Research Assistants – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tracking potential study participants for enrolment into the study
- Administering the informed consent process
- Completing household census forms and survey questionnaires, and/or Geographic Information System data according to study protocols
- Checking for validity/consistency of the information collected, as well as collecting and validating information (during survey) that was not readily available at the time of census for reasons such as absence of a household member.
- Maintaining regular contact with the team leader and interviewers for purposes of continuous guidance to the team on matters pertaining to data quality.
- Participating in regular peer-mentorship
- Updating the coordination office, data, and quality control team(s) in a timely manner when there are challenges relating to ambiguity of forms, questions, or electronic data capture systems.
- Collect, label, temporarily store biological specimens in the field; and transport /hand them over to the field laboratory contact person as soon as possible; and ensuring sterility of equipment used for specimen collection as well as ensuring proper bio-hazard disposal.
- Performing pre- & post-test HIV counseling for community members whenever applicable
- Conduct health education and mobilization of participating communities
- Identifying and documenting errors and cause the interviewers/Team Leaders to correct the identified errors preferably the same day.
- Performing and recording vital measurements, and other relevant clinical examinations
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Education, Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Registered Comprehensive Nurse
- Certificate in HIV / AIDS Counselling
- Registration with Allied Health Professional Councils or with a relevant professional body.
- Certificate in Human subject or GCP implementation or equivalent professional development trainings.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a research setting.
- Computer use skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid permit is an added advantage
How To Apply For RHSP Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in One document (PDF/ Word), addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected]
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline for Submission: Friday 27th November 2020 by 5:00 pm.