Job Title: People and Performance (P&P) Intern – Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Restless Development Uganda
Duration: 6 months’ contract
Salary: UGX 300,000 gross per month
Preferred Start Date: 1st April 2020
Restless Development Uganda is seeking to recruit a young graduate individual seeking an opportunity for career growth and to gain some employable skills as a People and Performance (P&P) Intern. The Intern will work along the P&P Coordinator support the Organisation Recruitment Process, Filing and Documentation and General People Administration.
Restless Development Uganda Profile:
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being side-lined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life- changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization.
1. Filing and Documentation (40%)
- Supported by and working the people and performance coordinator.
- Creating new personnel files and updating internal databases with new employee information like contact details and employment form
- Proper maintenance of employee files and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Assist with gathering and filing staff signed timesheets on a monthly basis
- Leave management support: keeping a record of staff leave days and filing submitted approved leave forms
- Performance Management process support by ensuring that staff performance reports are duly filled.
2. Recruitment Support (15%)
- Assist with the smooth induction of new staff by ensuring they receive induction packs and associated information.
- Preparing materials for orientation and sometimes conducting orientations
- Assist in performing Reference and Background checks
3. General Administration and Office Support (40%)
- Make requests for any scheduled staff training – support logistics and coordination and participate in organizing all staff events
- Supporting logistics for meetings including travel arrangements, accommodation, coordination of attendees
- Forms Management to include but not limited to ensuring new starters have signed compliance with the Organisation Handbook and the Safety and Security procedures
- Assisting with the implementation of HR policies and Procedures
- Scanning and Emailing People documents
- Data Entry and general administration support to the People and Performance coordinator and wider administrative support team
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the HR field
4. Front Desk Management (5%)
- First point contact for guests and clients who have appointments with staff
- Receive and sort mail and all deliveries to Data Care Offices
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning and mailing
- Maintenance of a clean and orderly reception area
- Responsible for evacuation in case of emergencies
- Diploma, or Current or recent enrolment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims, and methods of Restless Development
How To Apply For Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2020 – People & Performance Intern
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline: Monday 16th March 2020, 8 am.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.