Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Accounts Assistant -Rays of Hope Hospice Jobs 2021
Organization: Rays of Hope Hospice Jinja
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Type of appointment: One year Contract (Renewable upon performance)
Rays of Hope Hospice Jinja Profile
Rays of Hope Hospice Jinja is a non-profit, interfaith organisation that has since 2005 provided palliative care to patients with life-threatening illnesses in Busoga Region and Buikwe District.
Mission: To provide palliative care and improve the quality of life for patients with life-threatening/life-limiting illnesses in Busoga region and beyond
Support the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including data entry, processing and recording transactions, updating the ledger, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing and preparing budgets and reports among many other roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Petty cash properly managed and reconciled.
• Updated legers and budgets.
• Timely processing of transactions and issuing payments.
• Proper Filing system and data entry processes.
• Reconciled bank and cash at hand.
• Well maintained and updated quick books.
• Prepared and availed updated receipts and expense reports.
• Developed reimbursement and accountability system and required forms.
• Deposits made upon receipt or in a shortest time possible after receipt.
• Updated financial transactions internal databases and systems.
• Records accurately presented.
• Maintain digital and physical financial records.
• Invoices issued and LPO serviced services delivery.
• Reviewed and filed payroll documents.
• Accurate periodic (monthly, quarterly, grant) reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Specifications
• Degree in BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. More education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.
SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• 2 years working experience as Accounts Assistant or Accounting Clerk
• Understanding of and hands-on experience in basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and accounting software, such as MS Excel or Quick books.
• Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
• Familiarity with basic Accounting principles and financial regulations.
• Exceptional time management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Professional manner and strong ethical code.
• Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
• Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
• Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
• Organization skills trustworthy, efficient, and organized
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
All interested candidates are requested to send the application to the Human Resource Officer, Rays of Hope Hospice Jinja Plot 18B Kiira Road, P.O.Box 380 Jinja – Uganda
Deadline: 9th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.