Job Title: Software Developer – Raising The Village Jobs 2022
Organization: Raising The Village (RTV)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Raising The Village (RTV) Profile
Raising The Village provides a combination of projects which address the immediate needs of the household while building the foundations for long-term household income development. Raising The Village therefore is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. As of 2021, RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro,Kyenjojo,Kaliro, Kanungu,Kagadi ,Mitooma,Rubanda, Rukungiri and has a coordination office in Kampala and Mbarara
The Software Developer, under the Venn Unit of PEAL, shall initiate and take the lead on all Venn development projects. He or She shall be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages, and creating application system models. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and technology initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software packages for program efficiency
- Testing and evaluating new programs for integration
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications and other functionalities.
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
- Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs.
- Collaborate with the Venn and IT teams to improve our tools’ performance, efficiency, and scalability.
- Knowledge sharing through user training.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback for software improvements.
- Create technical documentation guides for reference and reporting.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
- Programming experience of 2 to 3 years in Python language and expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, Dash, etc).
- Experience of 2 to 3 years in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, Flutter, Kotlin/android, Java, etc.
- Working knowledge of PHP and PHP frameworks.
- Working knowledge of APIs and web services.
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), NoSQL databases, and SQL language.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of GitHub and any version control systems.
- Experience of 2-3 years in Mobile Application development.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle/Software Modeling.
- Good understanding of Integrated Development Environments such as Android studio, and Eclipse
- Good understanding of graphic design software such as Adobe, and Sketch and user experience design will be added advantage
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Resilience and a determination to succeed
- Independent thinker with a growth mindset
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our organization’s values.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage female candidates to apply.
How To Apply for Raising The Village Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.