Job Title: Finance Assistant – Raising The Village Jobs 2022
Organization: Raising The Village (RTV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Raising The Village (RTV) Profile
Raising The Village provides a combination of projects which address the immediate needs of the household while building the foundations for long-term household income development. Raising The Village therefore is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. As of 2021, RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro,Kyenjojo,Kaliro, Kanungu,Kagadi ,Mitooma,Rubanda, Rukungiri and has a coordination office in Kampala and Mbarara
The Finance Assistant will support the Finance Manager in the field districts under the projects in the areas of Bookkeeping, budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring, reporting, accounting/budget execution etc within the field Districts and also providefinancial advisory services to the Field Officers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that financial documents are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required such as cash advance forms, cash request forms etc
- Withdraw project activities Fundsfrom the bank, disburse and keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Update all finance related internal systems with financial data
- Prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices and share them with SFO on a weekly basis
- Scanning and numbering of the scanned finance documents on a weekly basis and share them with SFO for review
- Take part in budgeting, budget tracking and monitoring
Implementation of financial policies
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts for the assigned field officers
- Send and follow up on invoicesfor proper accountability
- Review and reconcile project activities accountabilities documentation
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified in accountability submissions
- Report any practice that is against financial procedures to the Senior Finance Officer or Finance and Administration Manager or management team as might be required
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving
- Manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer for review on a weekly basis
- Provide support to staff through explaining financial information to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures Financial Monitoring
- Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for the assigned field office
Manage office and project operations cash in the assigned field offices
- Maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence at field office and these should be ready for verification and confirmation at the end of every quarter. Preferred Technical Skills
- Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
- Excellent computer skillsincluding Excel and Microsoft word.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of (2) two years of professional experience in providing accounting, and Bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Management and Accounting or Audit.
- Any level of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
How To Apply for Raising The Village Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.