Job Title: Finance Officer (Uganda Learning Activity) – QED Group Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: QED Group LLC
Location: Kampala, Uganda
QED Group LLC Profile:
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting, in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Finance Officer role is responsible for the day-to-day administration and data entry of ULA’s finance activities. The role supports the Finance Manager to implement effective and efficient financial management controls in collaboration with the QED Group Home Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all project-related transactions are conducted, processed, and recorded in QuickBooks with supporting documentation in line with the QED Chart of Accounts. This must be done on weekly basis.
- Help ensure that expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable) and QED policies and procedures.
- Review payment requests and other requests against support documentation prior to processing for payment and reimbursements.
- Support the Finance Manager in processing payroll and preparing social charges (NSSF) and tax remittances (PAYE) for staff each month.
- Support the Finance Manager in processing income tax remittances for consultancy fees paid every month.
- Support the Finance Manager in performing monthly bank reconciliations and making sure the QED accounts are matched with the monthly bank statements.
- Support the Finance Manager to manage all financial transactions, including funds transfers from QED, local currency exchange, and estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures for budget forecasts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date files in SharePoint and other platforms to back up files for the finance office.
- Assist the Finance Manager in monthly reconciliation of Account payables at the end of every month.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts including Accruals account for sub-contractors, staff advances, PAYE and Withholding tax and preparation of their associated returns to Uganda Revenue authority.
- VAT Management-Compile VAT documents for submission to USAID. Addressing all VAT related queries from USAID.
- Actively participate in month end close out processes, including review of financial transactions entered in QuickBooks to ensure improved quality and timely recording.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or related area (e.g., accounting, management, or compliance)
- 2-5 years of experience in a relevant accounting or finance position with USAID implementing partners
- Knowledgeable of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management and compliance
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, Internet, and Microsoft Windows applications
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written
- Knowledgeable in current practices, trends, and information affecting the business.
- Commitment to developing and staying up to date on company policies, practices, and trends
How To Apply for QED Group Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join QED Group, LLC in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.