Job Title: Senior Data Networks Engineer – Public Service Commission Jobs 2022
Organization: Public Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference: HRM 74/70/01
Public Service Commission Profile:
The Leadership Code (Amendment) Act 2017 established the Leadership Code Tribunal, consisting of a Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and three other Members. For effective performance of the functions of the Tribunal, the Act provides for a Registrar of the Tribunal, other Officers and Staff as may be necessary. Section 19 A (2) provides that the Officers and staff of the Tribunal shall be appointed by the Public Service Commission, on terms and conditions determined by the Public Service Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Principal Data Networks Engineer for performing the following duties:-
- Collecting, consolidating and analysing networks related data and statistics;
- Monitoring utilization and use of the Public ICT infrastructure by Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of the National Internet Exchange point;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of development of Data Networks on the Public Postal network;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluating operation of Public Data Centres;
- Providing technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of legislations; policies, plans and strategies on data networks,
- Participating in generation of reports on Data Networks from Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments so as to support development of Policies, Standards and Guidelines;
- Participating in provision of technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of new Data Network technologies;
- Developing Data Network specifications in order to support Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of Institutional ICT Policies, standards and guidelines
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Electronic Engineering; or Electrical Engineering; or Telecommunications Engineering; or Communications Engineering from a recognized University / Institution. Possession of at least a Post Graduate Diploma in a Management field or in any of the above related field of training will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience at the level of Data Networks Engineer in Government or an equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Records Management Skills, Mobilization Skills, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
How To Apply for Public Service Commission Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 16th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.