Job Title: Learning Officer – PSI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager – SHIPS
Population Services International (PSI) Profile:
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Learning Officer. This position will support the Technical Learning and Innovations Manager (TLIM) at PSI to ensure that learning tools and strategies are highly productive and built to be nimble as they run alongside evolving technical and marketing team processes and deliverables.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the TLIM in development and implementation of a country-specific learning agenda that is aligned with PSI projects and includes an implementation plan with measurable outcomes.
- Co-design tools and processes for rapid, ongoing technical learning suited to project workplans, deliverables and standards for rigor with guidance from the TLIM.
- Support the TLIM to facilitate and document PSI After Action Reviews on a regular basis to ensure structured, team-wide pause, reflection and learning.
- Execute structured capture of insights, insight synthesis and resulting design decisions leading to development of prototypes within PSI projects.
- Work in close collaboration with Project Leads and TLIM, develop and execute prototyping assessment protocols including rubrics for assessment and standards /templates for documentation of prototypes, ensuring alignment with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and methodological rigor
- Rigorously document prototyping including methods, prototype characteristics and assessment results.
- Support TLIM to develop technical publications (grey literature) reflecting projects’ process and learning and ensure external audiences’ engagement
- Support TLIM to coordinate the project teams’ development and execution of Adaptive Implementation.
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Statistics, Social sciences, Population Studies or any related degree
- Three years of experience in donor-funded organizations or projects, in the following:
- Technical HIV related roles
- Learning and knowledge management roles, including technical writing
- Participatory and/or human-centered design
- Qualitative and/or mixed methods research
- Learning and knowledge management roles
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of public health programming in challenging operating environments.
- Proven expertise and competence in facilitation and team-based collaborative learning approaches.
- Familiarity with implementation of structured learning and improvement approaches, e.g. USAIDS’s Collaborative Learning and Adaptation framework, DFID’s Adaptive Management Approach, the Deming Cycle, continuous quality improvement, etc.
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and keep teams on track
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Clear and consistent communicator who is able to translate complex programmatic information into user friendly guidance for country teams and use-oriented knowledge products for external partners including technical publications, webinars, abstracts and tools.
How To Apply for PSI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and
Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to [email protected] indicating the Job title in the subject of the email. Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement. Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Note: Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29th December 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.