Project Driver – ACODEV Uganda
January 16, 2023
Job Title: Project Driver
Organization: ACODEV Uganda
Duty Station: Adjumani
ACODEV is a national NGO established in 2003 and fully registered by government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self-funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region that witnessed human rights abuses, gender-based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs targeting women, children and youth. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central, West Nile and Northern regions of Uganda and are still spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive and maintain assigned project vehicle in accordance with ACODEV Vehicle Policy and traffic laws of Uganda;
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good mechanical condition.
- Facilitate transportation of the team to carry out scheduled field activities.
- Undertake daily vehicle check-up, and report any problem to the Administration Officer;
- Prepare maintenance and spare part requests, keep records of fuel for submission to the Administration Officer.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and security rules – i.e. appropriate use of vehicles by all staff with regard to seatbelts, speed limits, vehicle booking process, and movement monitoring system;
- Assist in purchases, deliveries and other program and office activities
- Maintain vehicle mileage log sheet/book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times, and submit to the Administration Officer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- A Minimum of Ordinary Level certificate with at least four credits including the English language
- A valid driving permit class B
- At least three years of driving experience with a reputable organization/ institution
- A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal, public relations, written and verbal communication and team skills.
- Respect for people’s cultures, and diversity
- At least five years of clean driving experience
- Strong personality and reputation with high level of integrity
- Knowledge of motor vehicle mechanisms is an asset
- Experience in driving long distances and on difficult terrain.
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
Interested applicants should apply to the Executive Director through the email address: [email protected]
indicating the position title as the subject line.
Closing Date: not later than 16th January 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.