Job Title: 2 Extension Officers – Pristine Foods Jobs 2021
Organization: Pristine Foods Limited (PFL)
Duty Station: Wakiso and Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Producer Relations Manager
Pristine Foods Limited (PFL) Profile
The Pristine Foods Limited is the first company in East and Central Africa to provide regionally produced pasteurized and homogenized liquid egg products (whole, white and yolk) in chilled and frozen forms as well as egg powder for fortification in foods as a protein enhancer for patients especially malnourished children.
The Extension Officer will support the Producer Relations Department in strengthening capacity of smallholder egg producers for sustained and quality production for a premium price for improved household income, food security and sustained poultry business. The Extension Officers will be based in the field to provide extension and advisory services, coordination, monitoring and tracking of performance as well as encouraging knowledge sharing and learning events. The extension officers will ensure effective management of the bulking centers and multi stakeholder platforms so as to consistently grow the farmers network as per set targets. The Extension Officers will creatively initiate and establish partnerships to support the producers for sustained egg production.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Manager in planning, budgeting and implementing activities of the producer relations department
- Support producer mobilization, recruitment and registration of egg producers for contracting and timely engagement with emphasis on impact
- Organize and conduct farmer learning activities and strategies for knowledge management and capacity building
- Mobilize and strengthen egg producer capacities in the management of feeds and efficient egg production and other relevant trainings on gender, entrepreneurship and basic financial literacy.
- Conduct data collection and develop reports on the progress relating to sourcing, storage & distribution of feeds as well as collection of eggs from farmers and the related extension services provided
- Manage and maintain a digital based farmers’ database to monitor access to services and inputs as well as a partners’ database for the management and continuous update of strategic alliances and opportunities for complementarity support
- Ensure proper documentation at farmer level, bulking centers and department so as to effectively share the correct information for timely payments. Assist the producers in the recovery of costs previously advanced to them
- Ensure timely monthly reporting based on key indicators and sustainability goal activities
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution. A degree in the relevant courses will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a relevant working experience as an Extension Officer or equivalent level of experience from a profitable agricultural business enterprise
- Conversant with growing farmer networks and conducting farming as a business training in poultry and feeds management including gender
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of staff engaged in producer relations department
- Ability to use technology for data entry into the database and prepare a comprehensive report
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interactions with different stakeholders
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in performance of duties.
- Good in extension services
- Good in farm and operational records management
- Willingness to work overtime as required with minimum supervision
- High energy, integrity and attention to detail with a balanced personality self-discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal orientation and a strong output bias.
- Proactive mindset, self-driven, self-starter and with initiative;
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in English and one major local language preferably from Central Uganda
- Go getter attitude
- Computer literacy is essential
- Ability to ride motorcycle with valid driver’s license
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team work and leadership skills
- Age: 25 years and above.
How To Apply for Pristine Foods Jobs 2021
All candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CV with email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees, letter of application and copies of scanned certificates /testimonials attached as one PDF via Email only to [email protected]
NB: Pristine Foods Limited is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability or gender. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Deadline: Friday 10th December, 2021 at 11:59 p.m (EAT time).
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.