Job Title: Team Leader Credit Monitoring – PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit Administration and Reporting
PostBank Uganda Ltd Profile
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services.
To monitor and control Portfolio Asset Quality in the bank and to offer support to sustain a good book in liaison with the Head Office and the respective Branch teams while ascertaining that the Bank’s interests are fully secured through compliance to the Credit Policy and Bank of Uganda guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and control PAR (pre 90 days delinquency) the bank’s Credit Portfolio to ensure that the Asset Quality is maintained and improved (PAR & Migration) to within acceptable thresholds.
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategies to ensure that the accounts under watch category are upgraded to normal in line with Bank of Uganda regulations and the Credit policy.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s Credit policy, regulatory requirements and best practice in the monitoring and control process with a view to minimizing Credit Risk.
- Conduct quality assurance of the credit Portfolio Returns for accuracy and completeness before onward submission to the different stakeholders.
- Reviewing and preparing reports on degenerating accounts for early warning purposes.
- In collaboration with the Workplace Banking team, to monitor WPB borrowers for identification of missing monthly instalments and compile reports per individual, branch, and district to facilitate follow up with districts/employers.
- Monitoring of covenants (bank agreement with customers vide offer letters) to ensure that they are being adhered to and no defaults or violations are registered.
- Check on expiring financial statements, valuations, and insurance policies monthly and sensitize branches and relationship managers to submit renewals at least 2 months before expiry.
- Carry out an independent check to ensure the information captured in the system on loans disbursed is accurate and is as stipulated in the terms and conditions.
- Generate early alert / watch accounts, arrange the meeting, and track closure of agreed actions with the respective branches/Relationship Managers.
- Provide timely support and guidance to the credit department to close all compliance lapses as identified and reported by the Regulator, Auditors (Internal and External) as well as lapses identified during the routine compliance assessments.
- Supervise, coordinate and lead the credit monitoring team on best credit monitoring practices and ensure they attain their targets.
- Provide leadership in branch portfolio supervision, field visits and snap checks to ensure compliance with credit policies and procedure.
- Monitor all credit income lines and ensure no losses/ leakages including income leakages and escalate to management for corrective decisions
- Monitor and review credit approval limits assigned to branches
- Identify areas in the credit policy and procedures that need amendments/improvements.
- Provide timely and accurate daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring reports as when needed
- Day-to-day running of the Portfolio monitoring reports.
- Random call over of past day disbursements to check if the loans were disbursed in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- Review Workplace banking loans per vote code and follow up with Branches with missing installments
- Review the status of expected payments on loans and advise branches that have accounts that require funding to address immediately.
- Review accounts for early warning signs.
- Review credit approval limits assigned to branches
Minimum Qualifications for PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A Business degree in Risk, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
- Relevant Practical training in Credit Risk in the financial services sector.
- Practical and sufficient knowledge of basic core banking system
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with at least 1 year in Credit Risk Management domain
- Good understanding of Credit Risk Management principles
- Numerical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of set departmental goals
- Team player
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Impeccable integrity
- Analytical skills,
- Report writing skills
How To Apply for PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates should send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: 22nd November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.