Job Title: Systems Programmer – PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Digitisation & Development
PostBank Uganda Ltd Profile
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services.
Support all Business technology services to ensure process automation and systems integration. The Systems Programmer will perform all activities related to automating manual processes. Their Responsibilities will include designing, implementing, testing systems and training users on the newly developed system as well as adhere to Bank policies and procedures pertaining to the Development, Design, security, and integrations of systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes.
- Update and expand existing programs
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate the writing of code.
- Use code libraries, which is a collection of independent lines of code to simplify code.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program object, input data and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Debug programs by testing for and fix errors.
- Arranges project requirements in the programming sequence by analyzing requirements, preparing a work- flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language and logic.
- Write Programs in a variety of computer languages, such as C++ and Java e.tc.
- Confirms program operation by conducting test; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instruction
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revision
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal network; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Document all programming process and software for continuity
- Development and timely completion of software projects
- Preparation of user manual and technical documents for the internally developed systems
- Troubleshoot and timely address of technical issue at both testing and post go-live.
- Innovation and Enhancement of existing systems
- Carry out Systems Security and performance assessments for developed / existing systems and address the same.
- Research on new technologies / trends and come up with recommendations and adoptions
- Develop solutions that lead to cost reduction as well as income generation by the Bank
- Training of System users, sharing & discovering with IT Team members
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or Information technology or Software Engineering, related field or its equivalent.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one year’s experience in programming.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovativeness in the IT programming space
- Knowledge in mobile application in but not limited to android platform.
- Extensive knowledge in object orientated programming.
- Knowledge of requirements collection and analysis.
- Excellent knowledge with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of IT Systems
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to maintain good working relationships
- Should quick learn and adopt in a fast environment
- Ability to work longer hours, Proactive in wanting to make a difference
- A good team player
How To Apply for PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates should send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: 22nd November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.