Job Title: Administration & Logistic Assistant – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Plan International Uganda.
Reports To: Administration Coordinator
Duty Station: Arua, Yumbe or Madi Okolo
The Administration and Logistics Assistant supports the Administration department in facilitating effective implementation of BNO -BCRP Project activities to ensure project results are delivered in time and in line with project proposal, PIU West Nile emergency response strategy as well as Direction générale de la Coopération au Développement – DGD requirements.
Plan International Uganda Profile:
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Building Community Resilience for Protection of Refugees and Host community Children and Adolescents in West Nile Project, aims to contribute to building protective environments for refugees within refugee settlements and host communities to ensure children and adolescents affected by the crisis thrive and feel safe from all forms of violence, including SGBV, and, have access to appropriate age and gender responsive protective services. It is a 24 month emergency response project funded by the Ministry for Development Cooperation Belgium through Plan International Belgium National Office (BNO). It will be implemented in West Nile covering: Rhino Camp in Madi-Okollo and Arua and Bidibidi Refugee settlement in Yumbe and host communities where these settlements are located.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Admin Logistical support:
- Prepare prompt payment to vendors according to the approved purchase order agreement; ensure punctual delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment; and the negotiation of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
- Book hotels and community food vendor services for accommodation and workshops required in conformity with Plan policies and procedures. Also organize Plan events, workshops and other related functions as agreed with the supervisor.
- Review active orders to determine delivery status and follow up with vendors to assure prompt delivery.
- Communicate with staff concerning delivery progress; maintain records to record receipt of invoices.
- Perform procurement tasks that may be delegated by the Administration Coordinator.
- Based on received request, book hotel services for accommodation and workshops as required.
- Writing orders in the line of responsibility and drafting related correspondences.
- Monitor the usage of stationery and order for replenishment as and when necessary.
Management of front desk and switch board:
- Receive, announce and direct visitors to staff at Office in a courteous manner. As requested, make appointments.
- Keep the reception area in an orderly manner to include updated reading materials, clean and organized arrangement, and easy access of visitors to beverages.
- Receive incoming calls and place outgoing calls and handle incoming and outgoing correspondences addresses to Plan.
- Develop and regularly maintain updated Office telephone directories. Complete telephone logs booked through reception for outgoing calls booked through the switchboard by indicating whether they are personal or official.
- Report and suggest solutions related to improvement or malfunctioning of the switchboard to your supervisor.
- Responsible for general office cleaning, office equipment maintenance and utilization, utility bills payment and tracking and follow-up on repairs needed with external service providers and the landlord to ensure works are done and are value for money.
- Prepare and follow weekly transport schedules for the PU with relevant staff and as may be required liaise with Country Office and other PU administration staff to ensure efficiency in staff movements according to Plan transport policy
Management of petty cash function within established procedures:
- Maintain reconciled Petty Cash Ledger by making entries into the ledger book to ensure that daily cash at hand reconciles with book balances.
- Make petty cash payments against accurately completed and approved petty cash request forms.
- Request petty cash replenishment as and when there are minimum balances and keep safe custody of the petty cash balances.
- During the absence of customer care officer at reception, cover the reception desk and perform core activities of customer care desk.
- Organizes Plan events, workshops and other related functions as agreed with the supervisor.
Dealing with Problems:
- As delegated by the Procurement and Administration Coordinator, perform the tasks in line with established procedures and policies.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Communicates with the Administration coordinator and staff in regard to approval of requisitions and receiving of requisitions respectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Arts, Social Sciences, Administration, Bachelor of logistics and procurement management, or another related field.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to learn and travel to the field
- Very well organized and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Start To Apply Here
Closing Date: 10th July 2020 by 5:00 pm