Job Title: Legal Officer – Picfare Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Picfare Group of Companies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Picfare Group of Companies Profile:
Picfare Group of Companies inspires trust through innovative offerings, quality products at affordable prices. We serve more than 20 million students in Uganda and the region with quality exercise books and stationery and almost all the major Corporate and Government institutions with varied printing services.
Reporting to the Director Cooperate Affairs, the Legal Officer will manage contract preparation & review, board meetings & related documentation, litigation, and providing legal advice to management and the Board and the appropriate course of action and minimal court appearances in matters to do with labor and industrial relations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the department’s technical assistance and training to field offices in the aforementioned subject matter areas;
- Oversee the delivery of Industries secretarial services to Company’s Board of Directors and coordinate the business of the Board;
- Negotiate and manage the drafting of Contracts / Agreements/MoUs and other legal documents between The Company and other parties to ensure that the interests of the Company are protected;
- Ensure that The Company complies with relevant legislation/Regulations and Guidelines/rules and keep abreast with legal reforms;
- Coordinate and facilitate the induction and training of Board members;
- Work in close consultation with external counsel where applicable provide legal advisory and opinion to the Company to support strategic decision making;
- Advise the Board and Management on requirements for compliance with corporate governance codes and relevant legislation;
- Oversee the procurement of legal services providers and their effective management to ensure delivery of quality legal services;
- Undertake legal research on best practices on matters relating to the Company core business and propose appropriate determinations, decisions, or recommendations thereon;
- Undertake continuous and periodic review of executed contracts to ensure effective contract management;
- Ensure safe custody of contracts and agreements and track their validity;
- Represent the Company in legal proceedings, including preparation of amicus briefs;
- Represent the Company in the resolution of complaints through mediation, negotiation, and reconciliation;
- Prepare periodic reports on legal disputes and remedial action taken by the the Company;
- Participate in the preparation of work plans, procurement plans, progress reports, and other statutory reports of the Company;
- Undertaking any other legal and quasile legal assignments as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- The applicant must hold an LLB from a recognized institution
- A Diploma in Legal practice
- Valid practicing certificate
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Experience in undertaking doubt recoveries for group businesses is an added advantage.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the industrial sector as well as knowledge of labor regulatory requirements;
- Should have the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals
- Should demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result-oriented;
- Should have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
How To Apply for Picfare Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who are qualified and interested should send their updated CVs to [email protected] stating the subject heading “LEGAL OFFICER”
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Wednesday, 27th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.