Job Title: 6 Assistant Bursars – PEAS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Uganda
Duty Station: Katakwi, Ngora, Kapelebyong, Kumi, Buloba-Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: School Bursar
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Profile:
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is social enterprise with a mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’. PEAS establishes and operates affordable secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia in areas where access to quality secondary education is limited due to cost and geographical barriers. PEAS launched an ambitious strategy in 2021, aimed at expanding Access to Quality education, ensure schools are Sustainable and invest in systems strengthening. With over 30 secondary schools in Uganda educating over 13,500 students, 40 staff at the Country Office and 900 staff working in the network schools.
The position is based in a PEAS School. The Assistant Bursar will support the School Bursar in School fees collections, Expenditure management and ensuring that financial management systems are properly maintained, and regular/ periodical School Finance reports are timely, properly and accurately compiled and submitted to the PEAS Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the bursar on any financial request.
- Ensure that all revenue to the school is collected from parents/Students, receipted & the student ledgers are updated regularly.
- Daily reconciliation of revenue collections using the “daily School Fees Collection analysis”
- Work with the School Bursar to ensure that all school pay transactions are applied and reconciled with the quick books integrated payments.
- Work to maintain and update daily the students Ledger and ensure that every student in the School has a ledger by reconciling the ledgers with the daily attendance list from the class and the dormitory.
- Write receipts for all fees received from parents with accurate fees balance.
- Ensure all petty Cash payments are made and accountability obtained thereafter.
- Daily update of the petty Cash Account in quick books.
- Support the Bursar to track All School Expenditures.
- Ensure the implementation of financial policies in the school.
- Ensure proper record keeping and archiving system.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Who we are looking for: No matter the role, we are looking for people who believe in what we do and how we do it; is passionate about transforming lives through education and aligned to our values.
- Minimum of Diploma in Finance or Accounting from an recognized university/Institution
- Two years of work experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of accounting and financial standards/Internal controls
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Computerized Accounting with experience of using QuickBooks, is an added Advantage
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure/ to deadline
- Confidence and maturity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all classes of people; students & parents
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong team player
- Commitment to school finance operations
How To Apply for PEAS Uganda Jobs 2022:
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their applications to the link below:
Deadline: 15th May 2022 by 5 pm EAT
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.