Job Title: Partnerships Intern – PEAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) Profile:
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is a UK based charity/social enterprise with a mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’. PEAS establish and operates low-cost secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia in areas where access to quality secondary education is limited due to cost and geographical barriers. PEAS’ interventions are built upon 3 pillars of education impact: Access, Quality and Sustainability. Since opening its first schools in 2008, the PEAS network has grown to 32 schools, and we are currently educating over 16,000 students.
The Partnerships Internship is an exciting 6-month role based within the UK Partnerships Team, with the possibility of extension. PEAS Partnerships Intern will play a vital role in enabling PEAS to build new schools in Zambia, complete our school network in Uganda and deliver quality education to students in both countries.
This is a varied role offering the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience working across a diverse range of funder types and projects including an exciting new Capital Fundraising Appeal to at least double the size of our Zambia network.
You will be joining the PEAS Partnerships Team a small team of committed, proactive, and effective fundraisers who are well supported by the rest of UK, Ugandan and Zambian teams – we are proud to have developed a strong ‘everyone’s a fundraiser’ mindset at PEAS, thus avoiding the traditional division between programme and fundraising staff.
Work on the team is varied and exciting. The Partnerships Team is responsible for generating the income required for PEAS to deliver on our organisational goals. We do this through;
Managing and growing income from a diverse portfolio of funders including strategic partners, institutional donors, corporates, trusts and foundations, major donors and individuals
Roles and Responsibilities:
usiness development support (40%)
- Work with the Partnerships Team to identify and secure new funding opportunities that enable PEAS to build new schools in Zambia, complete our school network in Uganda and deliver quality education to students in both countries. This will involve;
- Undertaking desk-based research to identify prospective funding partners
- Work with the Partnerships Team to develop compelling concept notes, proposals, presentations and pitches.
Account management support (20%)
- Work with the Partnerships Lead to support a portfolio of funders to inspire, motivate and maximise income and other opportunities for PEAS current donors. This will include;
- Developing engaging and accurate content for funder progress reports.
- Working across a range of funders types and sector to develop excellent stewardship plans and engagement opportunities.
Communications support (40%)
- Work with the Partnership Team to create strong content relevant for a variety of funder types (strategic partners, institutional donors, corporates, trusts and foundations, major donors and individuals) that can be used across multiple prospects and platforms. This will include;
- Developing partnership profiles to promote our funding partnerships on our website, via the quarterly newsletter and through social media channels.
- Supporting in the role out of the new Communications strategy.
- We are open to the type of person who might be suitable for this role and are not fixed on a set amount of experience required.
- You could be a graduate, or someone who is looking to change careers and gain experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- At least a Bachelors Degree
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Adaptability to manage a varied & evolving workload
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in different, often international locations
- Able to synthesise and provide recommendations from desk-based research
- Good attention to detail, comfortable writing clear prose and composing accurate budgets
- Able to write engaging and emotive writing for a variety of public audiences
- Passion for international education
- Knowledgeable about, or have experience volunteering or working in, a Sub-Saharan African country
- Some understanding of fundraising and engaging with different funder types
- Some familiarity with CRM systems/donor databases
How To Apply for PEAS Uganda Jobs 2021:
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their applications to the link below:
Deadline: 18th January 2021.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.