Job Title: Research and Data Analyst – PATH Uganda Jobs 2022
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is a global non-profit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialities, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refining and developing tools and approaches, investing in national programs, and building data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH’s Malaria Portfolio is seeking a full-time Research and Data Analyst with experience in infectious disease modelling, epidemiology, statistics, and data analysis. The person will apply existing mathematical models of malaria transmission to support national strategy development in malaria-endemic countries. They will collate, document, analyze and visualize a wide range of epidemiological and programmatic data to inform and validate models and to support decision making. They will also write reports and scientific articles, and present finding to partners.
The person will be working with the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project at PATH, national malaria control programs, the Global Fund, and World Health Organization to support the use of modelling to inform optimal sub-nationally tailored malaria strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collating and analyzing a wide range of data to understand the epidemiological characteristics of different malaria geographies and the programmatic and operational constraints facing national malaria control programs
- Applying mathematical models of malaria transmission to answer questions around optimal and cost-effective intervention implementation
- Working closely with national malaria control programs and other partners to forge new collaborations and iteratively produce outputs to support in-country decision making
- Write technical and non-technical reports, produce high quality graphics, and present outputs at meetings and international conferences
- Future projects within the malaria portfolio at PATH will include evaluating malaria interventions, designing and analyzing trials, modelling to support national decision making, developing user-friendly analytical tools and dashboards for decision makers to use.
- The applicant must hold a PhD or Masters in infectious disease modelling, or related field with a strong quantitative focus and a demonstrated analytical, mathematical or statistical background
- If master’s level, experience conducting mathematical modeling, epidemiological or data analyses in a professional setting for 2+ years
- Experience using R, especially skills in statistics, data cleaning, data visualization in tidyverse packages, stochastic or deterministic modelling packages
- Experience developing and using infectious disease transmission models
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of GIS software, either ArcGIS, qGIS etc. or mapping packages within R
- Ability to engage in domestic/international travel estimated at 20% annually
- Experience working with global health organizations in LMICs
- Experience presenting research at international conferences and meetings
- Experience writing scientific reports and manuscripts for publication
- Experience developing dashboards and complex data vizualisations (R, Tableau, RShiny etc.)
- Experience using collaborative software development platforms (i.e. Github – please share a link in your application if applicable)
- Working proficiency in French verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have legal authorization to live and work in the PATH country office location
How To Apply for PATH Uganda Jobs 2022
All applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.