Job Title: 4 Data Assistants (HIV Prevention) (Part Time Jobs in Uganda 2017)
Reports to: DREAMS M&E Assistant
Duty Station: Gulu, Lira, Omoro or Oyam district
Duration of contract: 6 months Contract, renewal is subject to funding
Part Time Jobs in Uganda 2017: The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement awarded to University Research Co., LLC (URC), dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies. URC is seeking dynamic and qualified individuals to fill the following positions at their Gulu and Kampala Uganda offices up to September 2017. Renewal is subject to funding.
Part Time Jobs in Uganda 2017: The data assistant will be responsible for collection of DREAMS related data as well as ensure complete records management with proper filing and archiving while enforcing data quality and relevant reporting at all levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support DREAMS peer facilitators to collect accurate and complete quality information from communities.
- Continuously orient peer facilitator on the data collection tools as need arises.
- Monitor availability of DREAMS data collection tools in the community and ensure timely supply.
- Conduct data validation including cleaning of datasets before submission into the DREAMS tracker.
- Ensure bi-weekly data transfer from tablets to the DREAMS tracker.
- Support any necessary data comparisons between DHIS2 and DREAMS tracker.
- Coordinate with facility in charge, health information assistants and district biostatistician by establishing a system in place that creates a common understanding of the DREAMS data management.
- Participate in the compilation of the district specific monthly and quarterly report compilation process.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field
- At least one years’ experience in data management preferably in HIV.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems/ handling public health data.
Applicants who meet the requirements should send an Application Letter, CV, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for 3 professional references and daytime contact numbers to The Human Resources Manager, USAID ASSIST Project, University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru, P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: by 17th March 2017.
PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION IN THE SUBJECT IF YOU ARE SENDING ELECTRONICALLY, AND FOR DISTRICT-BASED POSITIONS, INDICATE PREFERED DISTRICT. APPLICATIONS WILL BE SHORTLISTED AS THEY COME IN, AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.