Job Title: 12 Data Collectors – Palladium Uganda Jobs 2020
Project Name: NU-TEC MD
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Results Measurement Manager.
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create a positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
NU-TEC MD is a seven-year DFID funded programme (2015 – 2022) that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor-men and women in northern Uganda (NU) by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of DFID.
The specific purpose of the position is to support the MRM team in collection of seasonal agricultural data (both qualitative and quantitative) from sampled farmers in Northern Uganda, data cleaning and uploading of cleaned data to the established Management Information System (MIS). The data collector will spend a minimum of 10 days and a maximum of 20 days per production season on data collection related roles. NU-TEC MD will take the responsibility to train and update the data collector on rolled out interventions and thus, data and information needs. All data collection with will follow NU-TEC MD approved data collection forms, templates and intervention areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect Seasonal farmer production and marketing data from sampled and profiled farmers in accordance with pre-determined sampling guidelines and data collection procedures.
- Upload all collected data to the project MIS using agreed to data collection tools
- Ensure that data quality assurance mechanisms are in place, adhered to, and daily targets are met within the stipulated time frame.
- Take responsibility for the data collection tools such as tablets, phones, etc.
- Take professional and appropriate pictures using the phone gadget provided
- Ensure maximum confidentially of all information under his/her care.
- During engagement, record and update NUTEC MD with at least two success stories for future follow up.
- Compile and submit a comprehensive technical report presenting field findings. This should be well thought through with supporting visuals (pictures) and quantitative data as applicable.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences/ M&E studies or related disciplines.
- Experience in Use of tablets and/or electronic devices for data collection and additional knowledge of data collection applications like ODK, KOBO Toolbox is desirable but not necessary.
- Competency in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team player, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to be based in a rural setting within the stipulated data collection period in each location.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Very strong reading and English writing skills and Fluency in one of the following languages is a MUST – Luo, Alur, Lugbara, Kakwa and Madi or any of the local languages in Northern Region.
- Resident in any district of the preferred region – Lango, Acholi, West Nile
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-cultural team
- Willingness to work flexible hours and days within a week
- Willingness to travel with public means and more often on a boda-boda
- Good listening and communication skills; proactive and triangulating
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their applications via Email to [email protected]
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only applicants from Uganda will be reviewed.
Deadline: 8th May 2020