Job Title: Project Assistant, Fiscal Justice – Oxfam Jobs Uganda
Organization: Oxfam Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Oxfam Uganda Profile:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Governance and Accountability, Resilient Livelihoods and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam in Uganda is looking for a competent person to join our dynamic, innovative and committed team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of this position is to increase the impact of the Oxfam Uganda Country program in the fight against fiscal injustices and inequality;
- By working with Oxfam teams, partners, allies and supporting Ugandan women, men and young people to actively demand social development benefits and to meaningfully participate in influencing progressive fiscal policy decisions on revenue collection and accountable public spending on quality public services for all.
- Contribute to more transparent and accountable revenue generation and spending policies, through the transformation of fiscal systems to better respond to the needs of citizens, especially for women and girls in Uganda.
Minimum Qualifications for
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Public Finance, Taxation, Law, Economics Management, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of three (03) years of relevant working experiences with either civil society organizations, consultancy firms or private sector on fiscal governance.
- Related work especially on Taxation and revenue is an advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, flexible to travel frequently to our project areas with willingness to learn and ability to manage stress effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Close attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Team player with a high level of flexibility, integrity and creativity;
- Collaborating & Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a quality Service, delivering at Pace. Excellent communication skills – written, oral, one-to-one, group, formal presentations.
- Excellent report, concept note and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to work in complex and politically-sensitive context, and good political judgement.
- Ability to manage stress effectively in a dynamic work environment;
- A result & customer oriented approach; problem-solving and accurate.
How To Apply for
Please follow the link below to access the detailed Job Description and submit your application, indicating the position name in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Link to JD:
Internal (staff) applicants- http://bit.do/fN7jA
External applicants – http://bit.do/fN7jD
Deadline: 9th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.