Job Summary: 2 Quality Assurance Data Assistants – OPM Uganda Jobs 2019
Age: 23 -45 Years
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Dor Kampala.
OPM Uganda Jobs 2019: Support the M&E Unit at OPM Refugees Department in ensuring that the established standards for reporting is adhered to and data is updated within the M&E computer system. The job requires intensive reading of literature from source documents, summarizing information and aligning data with the M&E frameworks. The job holder is responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in computer systems.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review literature from data-source to capture numerical information and baseline information in line with OPM M&E frameworks;
- Receive, clean data, resolve data queries and generate reports; Respond to queries for information and access relevant files;
- On a routine basis and within the time limits, compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities;
- Prepare data for computer entry and following-up on reporting queries;
- Build the capacity of the stakeholders in using the reporting tools; To enable the tracking plans, progress reports and harmonization of partners’ indicators in conformity with reporting requirements;
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations statistical quality data and disseminate to stakeholders;
- Participate in the implementation of M&E routine activities, including field visits to ensure the quality of data and assist in the preparation of reports;
- Scan documents and print files, when needed and file relevant M&E literature for references;
- Apply data program techniques and procedures to produce systems results;
- Comply with data integrity and security policies and keep information confidential Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or Social Sciences or in other relevant courses.
- Experience in maintaining computer systems.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets.
- Technical proficiency with the ability to generate reports from computer systems.
- Ability to analyze data and review system processes.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
How to apply
Applications are invited from qualified Ugandan Nationals to fill the under listed vacant positions available at Arua Refugee Desk, Adjumani Refugee Desk, Hoima Refugee Desk, Mbarara Refugee Desk and Kampala Refugees Department Head Office.
Handwritten application letters should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary Office of the Prime Minister,
P.O. Box 341, KAMPALA.
All application letters should include personal contact addresses e.g. phone contacts, e-mail addresses, and a recent passport photograph of the applicant and indicate three referees. The applicant should be a person of high moral character and integrity, willing to work in remote rural settlements.
All applicants must quote the Reference Number of the post advertised, indicate the reference number on the top left-hand side corner of the application letter’s envelop, seal it and submit their application letters to;
The Human Resource Office,
Open Registry 3 Floor,
Office of the Prime Minister.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: In any correspondence on this subject, please quote No: ADM/24/01