Operations Graduate Trainee – Mercy Corps Uganda
September 12, 2022
Job Title: Operations Graduate Trainee
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kotido & Kaabong
The Operations Assistant under supervision the Operations Manager (Kotido) and Senior Operations Officer (Kaabong) respectively will be responsible for Operations support management of Kotido & Kaabong offices respectively. S/he will make sure that all programs in the field are fully supported timely and accurately.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the program with all MC Administration arrangements.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all staff, stakeholders, vendors, partners, etc.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Develop the capacity of his/her team and assist with continued development of a career path for his/her staff.
- Work closely with all Mercy Corps staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of MC Staff handbook and Administration policy.
- Work with finance compliance to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of Mercy Corps.
- Adhere to Mercy Corps mandated, procedures and controls including: Field Administration, Field Procurement, Logistics, Asset Management and Finance procedures.
- Offer support in training and orientation of new staff in those procedures.
- Prepare and implement guidelines for support functions of the reception, photocopies, translation services, office cleaning, maintenance and travel coordination.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office and guesthouses equipment like photocopiers, printers, cookers, fridges, etc.
- Ensure all office equipment in the various offices and residence is well maintained, generators are always fueled, generator log sheets are filled in appropriately.
- Facilitate timely payments for electricity, water, and any other utility bills for the facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/toners. supplies to include stationery. Overall responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps Guests and staff in Gulu other guest-related issues Keep Travel Tracker up-to-date.
- Responsible for managing maintaining confidentiality an appropriately the filing system including but not limited to the following; Staff/personnel files, Employment & Service contracts, leave database, stock/inventory files, staff meeting minutes.
- Assist in collecting monthly staff timesheets and leave request forms.
- Work closely with the respective supervisors and hiring managers in recruitment processes & staff management.
- Actively participate in disciplinary actions, hiring and termination meeting for the Gulu office as necessary, advise staff (national and international) on disciplinary procedures.
- Prepare and attend staff coordination meetings and compile the minutes as discussed and agreed upon by chairperson/supervisor.
- Assist in conducting or arranging for trainings and or other human resource development activities.
- Conferencing and Event Management, including making all arrangements as required by MC staff.
- Support in managing stores and shipment deliveries, and movement of documents and supplies.
- Administer all health insurance issues for Gulu staff as well as follow up on staff Identity Cards, Medical cards and business card issues.
- Support in the daily coordination of Mercy Corps Program procurement activities
- Assists program and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- The ideal candidate has Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration, or a closely related field with international NGOs is an asset.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in field operations with strong organizational skills, ability to maintain the Operations filing system, ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel,
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with using email.
- Excellent English oral and written skills, knowledge of Local language is an advantage
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision.
Applications from interested applicants must be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.