Job Title: Fresher Uganda Field Data Supervisor – One Acre Fund Uganda Jobs
Organization: One Acre Fund
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Health insurance paid time off
Eligibility: This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Uganda
One Acre Fund Profile
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
A successful Field Data Supervisor:
- Can develop weekly written reports that put forward concrete and well laid out suggestions or solutions.
- Have demonstrated their ability to address concerns about the functioning of a team or the design of a survey preemptively.
- Want to improve the performance of colleagues through informal mentoring and constructive feedback.
- Requires minimum management and ensure that the MEL Field Team is provided with the resources they need to perform their tasks and grow their careers.
- Monitor, Evaluation, Learning Department
- You will manage a team of 3 to 6 (Assistant) Field Supervisors
- You will directly report to the Department Lead
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in the preparation of a detailed departmental annual and project-specific calendar, taking into account all seasons and department goals.
- Take part in the survey development process by providing constructive feedback whenever the need arises.
- Participate in ensuring all surveys are adequately staffed before field work.
- Develop survey training material and manage the training and testing of all field staff.
- Develop survey management tools, including supporting tools/guidelines for measuring goals.
- Program survey questionnaires in CommCare and identify potential data quality challenges in surveys and recommend solutions.
- Follow up on issues raised during the survey process and make sure they are channeled to the relevant persons so that they are resolved promptly.
- Ensure detailed weekly work plans have been developed by the (Assistant) Field supervisors and their direct reports.
- Conduct weekly field visits of up to 1-2days with the (Assistant) Field supervisors during the course of the survey.
- Write weekly check-ins for their manager covering all relevant department projects conveying ideas and concerns verbally and in writing, setting out any advantages and disadvantages.
- Promote appropriate training, mentorship and provide career growth opportunities to the field team.
- Keep track of and report on all departmental controls related to your roles and responsibilities.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Physical Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, and any related fields.
- At least 1 year data collection experience Or working with farmers in a rural setting will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of CommCare (ODK, SurveyCTO) programming system
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
- Is fluent in English, Lusoga or Luganda and at least one other local language.
How To Apply for One Acre Fund Uganda Jobs
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Deadline: 30th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.