Job Title: Field operations Project Specialist (One Acre Fund Jobs)
Location: Jinja HQ
Employer: One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund Jobs: Field Operations Project Specialist will play a key role in running discreet projects to drive this innovation and process improvement in projects ranging from marketing to repayment to impact development to team and HR related development as well.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
At One Acre Fund, we offer our farmers financing, training, agricultural inputs, insurance, and market access so they can grow bigger harvests. Our program is sustainable, scalable, and impactful – in 2015,
One Acre Fund farmers in Uganda harvested 153% more than control farmers. In 2006, we began with 40 farmers in Kenya. Today, we serve nearly 520,000 farm families and employ over 2,000 full-time field staff in 7 countries across East Africa. www.oneacrefund.org
Specific roles may include:
- Repayment Strategy Development This is one of our core activities, ensuring we collect 100% of loans form every client and group we work with and includes various projects and focuses.
- Key Performance Analysis: Working through our data to detect trends and leading analysis sessions with our Field Leaders, developing key targets, plans and calendars throughout the season.
- Incentive management: throughout the season, from conception through procurement and delivery.
- Bonus structure: Support the development of Field Team bonus structure in conjunction with the wider Field Operations Leadership, collating data and analyzing trends in in order to roll out a sound and effective model.
- Contingency Planning: Development of repayment contingency plans for the final leg of repayment every season to create a frameworks to handle potential scenarios.
- Training Development: Leading role in the creation of tools and trainings to be delivered to our Field Team and our clients alike.
- Your work will be fast-paced, exciting, and diverse. You will create lasting and noticeable impact for hundreds of thousands of smallholder farmers and you’ll have fun doing it.
- You’ll work alongside our Field Team and our farmers alike, and travel widely within our organizational operation.
- Most importantly, you’ll always be driving towards actionable impact – no empty reports, no mundane policy memos; just high-quality research, analysis, tools, and results.
- Strong undergraduate background at top East African University or international University. Degrees in business, community development, or related fields preferred. Leadership experience within or outside of work.
- 2-3 years working experience in rural or national development, especially in smallholder agriculture or rural economics.
- Creative problem-solving and/or product development skills. Demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience can be applicable.
- Applicants are expected to have strong data analysis skills in Excel and other professional programs.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team; we are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service. We are also looking for individuals with personal stability, and a desire to build a long term career with us.
- Language – English required. Knowledge of Luganda, Lusoga or other Ugandan languages strongly preferred.
- Ugandan national – This job is for Ugandan nationals exclusively.
How To Apply:
Email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with “FIELD OPS PS” in the subject line
Deadline for application: August 18, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
One Acre Fund Jobs – Project Specialist