Job Title: Senior Accountant (Reporting GI) – Old Mutual Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Old Mutual Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Old Mutual Profile:
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
To design and manage controls and procedures for effective management of the Company’s financial and other resources and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts for both Local and group Reporting.
- Reconciliation of Investment income schedules for Maturities/Placements and interest income
- Monthly Reconciliation and update of loan balances
- Reinsurance reconciliation (claim recoveries, MDP recons and adjustments)
- Rental Income for all the properties (Kimathi, Nakawa House and NBP)
- Maintain a register of monthly Accruals and provisions
- Quarterly/Annual Risk Based returns preparation to IRA
- Develop and implement robust accounting systems that are embedded with appropriate controls that help to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Liaises with external auditors on audit activities of the company.
- To prepare monthly variance analysis for all departments, branches in line with budgetary provisions.
- Preparation of monthly Opscom reports for both Local Management and Group
- Preparation of the management accounts on monthly basis (GI, Health and Properties)
- Reconciliation and maintenance of the rental income schedules (earned and unearned rental income)
- To prepare the management and board summaries on monthly basis
- Prepare and manage the reinsurance function for Medical Business and General Insurance
- System Reconciliations for all the core systems integrating into the financial reporting tool D365
- Maintain an updated company fixed assets register. (Additions/disposals/movements and Depreciation)
- Maintain, reconcile and collect related party balances. Monthly Certificate sign off by Subsidiary.
- To follow up on all the necessary returns with the various Regulators’ are adhered to.
- Bachelors Degree (B): Business Administration (Required)
How To Apply for Old Mutual Uganda Jobs 2022:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.