Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 3 IT Officers (Trainees) – OAG Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Office of the Auditor General (OAG) Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Office of the Auditor General (OAG) Uganda Profile:
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is the supreme Audit Institution (SAI) of Uganda mandated under Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and of all public offices, including the Courts, the Central and Local Government Administrations, Universities and Public Institutions of like nature and any Public Corporations or other bodies or organizations established by an Act of Parliament. The Constitutional mandate of the OAG is amplified by the National Audit Act, 2008 which has among other things enhanced the financial and operational independence of the Auditor General.
Responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems and ensure uptime performance, resources and security of all computers managed to meet the needs of staff at OAG.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. User Support.
Perform user support for all user complaints relating to computer aided audit tools,
computer applications and software.
2. Software and Hardware Installation and Support.
• Administer the OAG LAN/WAN infrastructure components like printers,
telecommunication services, CCTV access control, anti-virus and various end user
• Assist in performing safe custody of ICT infrastructure and handling ICT related
incidents as escalated.
3. IT Equipment Management.
• Support and be responsive to off-hours emergencies and activities that may occur at
• Support in performing periodic update and maintenance of OAG websites and guided
by the Senior Public Relation Officer.
Manage and update IT inventory register for proper records according to OAG policy and
4. Network configuration and Maintenance
• Assist in the administration of network resources and maintain an updated inventory of
the network components.
• Assist in Preparation of a quarterly maintenance schedule and report for all end user IT
equipment with OAG staff.
• Perform routine troubleshooting of network and user problems and operations of the
help desk of OAG staff.
• Provide OAG staff with connection support of the internet, intercom for efficient running
5. Operation and stability of Systems.
• Maintain the optimum operation and stability of the OAG network system and server’s
• Perform and maintain the periodic system and data backup and follow-up on business
continuity and disaster recovery for OAG IT assets.
• Perform secure configuration of all IT related infrastructure and services activities within
OAG IT infrastructure.
• Support and be responsive to off-hours emergencies.
6. Technical input and Recommendations
• Provide technical input and recommendations in the acquisition of IT hardware and
• Prepare and submit periodic performance reports on OAG systems to support capacity
planning development and implementation strategies.
How To Apply for OAG Uganda Jobs 2021
All applications should be submitted on an OAG application form, which can be obtained from the OAG Website.
Deadline: 14th March 2021 at 5:00Pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.