Job Title: Records Officer – Trainees – OAG Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Knowledge Management Officer
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.5 [08/19]
About OAG Uganda:
OAG Uganda Jobs: The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and monitoring policies and procedures for management of document creation, maintenance, storage and destruction.
- Coordinating, sensitizing and providing guidance on records and archives management activities.
- Undertaking periodic inventory and appraisal of records; review and implement retention/disposal schedules
- Maintaining a Records Management Information System
- Developing disaster plan and provide advice on security and protection of vital records;
- Providing guidance on implementation of the national policies on records and archives management in compliance with the applicable legislation and standards.
- Planning, budgeting and reporting for the Records Management Unit;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Records Officer – Trainee should be a Ugandan who possesses an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Either Library and Information Science, Records and Archives Management or its equivalent from a recognized University/institution or an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Arts majoring in Political Science/Public Administration from a recognized university/ institution.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications must be accompanied by:
- Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three (3) referees and their contacts A recent passport size photograph All applications should be submitted on an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House or OAG Website
Applications through Post Office should be by registered mail. All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments Late submission shall not be considered.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General,
Audit House, Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road,
- O. Box 7083, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May 2019