Nutrition Jobs Uganda 2017 : To facilitate effective implementation of Burundian Refugee Supplementary Program targeting children under five, Pregnant and Lactating Women (PWL) and vulnerable groups; the project aims to stabilize and improve the nutritional status of Nduta and Mtendeli refugee Camps .
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that district health management team, DNuOs, health care providers and community volunteers trained on nutritional activities for Supplementary Feeding Programs, Participatory action plans developed to address barriers to adoption of improved nutrition practices.
- Collaborate with the WVT Kigoma emergency response Team including Project Manager, and Refugee Nutrition Volunteers and others such as DNuOs and nutrition stakeholders to implement the SFP towards the improvement of the nutritional status of the targeted beneficiaries .
- Conduct relevant nutrition information for children under five, pregnant and lactating women and other relevant groups, information management, reporting, and gender-responsive analysis
- Refugee Nutrition Volunteers supervised and supported in delivering nutrition services in the implementation area.
- Communities trained and implementing context-appropriate community-based strategies such as CMAM for prevention and rehabilitation of malnutrition.
- Collaborate with regional and district health teams to ensure that Health workers trained on context appropriate for SFP and other services including referral for severely malnourished cases.
- Collaborate with regional and district health teams, Project Manager and other project staff to ensure that camps assessed and equipped to provide supplementary foods.
- Ensure that Communities trained on good hygiene and environmental health techniques that positively affect nutrition status which include use potable and drinking water.
- Food supplements available and distributed to PLW and CU5 and other relevant vulnerable such as PLWHAs.
- Collaborate with LGA to ensure that Government engaged in Burundian Refugee Emergency Response, strategies and protocols for improving nutrition policies and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Bachelor Degree in Human nutrition or Food Science or Advanced Diploma in clinical medicine, nursing with working experience of not less than 2 years in nutrition or related field.
- Technical skills and abilities:
- Skills in Programming.
- Computer skills and statistical package.
- Skills in report writing
- Skills in community mobilization and facilitation
- Analytical skills including CMAM Database
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Refugee Camps in Kibondo or Kakonko Districts.
- Travel: 5% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 3%
To Apply: Click here
Fresher Jobs in Uganda: Nutrition Jobs Uganda 2017 – Fresher Nutrition Officer at World Vision