Job Title: Registered Nurse– 2 positions (Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Reports to: Head of Nursing
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by Christian Blind Mission (CBM).
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Objective of the position:
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: To provide individualized patient care to diversity of patients to make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the theatre daily.
- Lay the operating rooms ready to receive patients.
- Prepare instrument trolleys before surgery.
- Pick drugs and consumables from the store administrator for distribution in the operating rooms.
- Receive patients from the ward at the transfer bay and cross check using a surgical check list.
- Administer drugs / insert intravenous cannula when prescribed.
- Keep with the patient until patient is ready for surgery.
- Assist the surgeon during the operation.
- Act as a circulating nurse during operation.
- Disinfect, wash and send the instruments to the sterilization room.
- Prepare theatre for the next patient
- Monitor patients’ vitals regularly and as per doctors’ instructions; and keep proper records until patient is stable
- Document patient care methodically to enable continuity of care.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport with the patient as well as his relatives.
- Uphold patients’ dignity and confidentiality in all patient care operations.
- Maintain cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests and participating in problem-solving methods.
- To protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.(universal precautions)
- Must always report any fault, break down of equipment to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Respond to any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse preferably with a Diploma in Nursing
- Certificate in First Aid
- Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Conduct self professionally at all times.
How to Apply:
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The
Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to [email protected]. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
The closing date: 3rd March, 2017.