Job Title: Collections Officer – Numida Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Numida Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Remuneration: Commission based
Expected Start Date: March 1, 2022
Numida Uganda Profile:
Numida is a rapidly growing digital microfinance institution (MFI) in East Africa focused on serving Micro-and Small Businesses (MSBs). Thanks to our proprietary technology and credit processes, we provide growth and working capital to verified MSBs, resulting in high portfolio yields and a high impact on our borrowers’ livelihoods.
Through the Numida mobile app, small business owners apply for convenient and unsecured, short-term business loans by digitally submitting evidence of business ownership and activity. Our proprietary due diligence process, combining machine validation and human review, allows a first lending decision to be made in less than 72 hours and disbursed digitally via mobile money.
Traditionally overlooked and underserved Micro and Small Businesses (MSBs) in emerging markets deserve to have great tech built to serve their needs. Numida is the first and largest mobile platform in East Africa focused on offering convenient, accessible, and appropriate financial services specifically to MSBs. With the wealth of data collected through our platform, we are well positioned to connect business owners to the financial and non-financial services they need in order to grow their business, whether it be credit, savings, insurance, payments, logistics, customer acquisition, or financial & HR management.
Due to our deep knowledge of our customers, Numida is becoming renowned for building technology that MSBs love. Within 10 years, we anticipate enabling at least 1 million small business owners on the continent to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for a Collections Officer to assist with the collection of our unsecured written off loan book. The Collections Officer will contact clients and inform them of their loans, negotiate payment plans, and ensure payments are made as soon as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review the company debtors’ list; generate lists of clients that are unresponsive for handing over to external debt collectors.
- Collect loan repayments past due via phone and/or in person, and following Numida’s escalation process for delinquent borrowers, including negotiating promises to pay across customers and their secondary contacts
- Advise customers on their appropriate payment options.
- Negotiate suitable payment plans
- Prepare and serve demand notices to customers when payments are not being made.
- Visit clients where the credit team feels a sense of discomfort to continue dealing with such client
- Collaborate with the Product team and participate in various experiments that aim to improve the quality of Numida’s service
- Liaise with the product manager to help support on any tech issues that the clients may have during the field visit
- Report any irregular incidences during the field visits that compromise the standards set forth by Numida or acts that are not in accordance with Numida policies and procedures
- Report all complaints in an effective, timely manner that they may come across during field visits
- Offer to ensure any information offered to clients is accurate and helpful
- Prepare and present reports on collection activities and progress.
Who you are:
- A believer that small business growth in Uganda will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
- A highly productive, results-oriented, self-driven individual committed to excellence
- A balanced planner and doer who can manage a heavy workload effectively
- A fast learner who is entrepreneurial in spirit and can balance both growth and risk management priorities
- A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and to accept feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
- Numida is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in our team. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications for Numida Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any relevant field
- Three years of experience working as a Collections Officer
- Proficient in computer and mobile technology – you are experienced with Android apps Like Google maps
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and Luganda. Fluency in other Ugandan languages is an asset.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Knowledge of payment plans
- Patience and resilience
Why Numida is fit for you:
- At Numida, we believe our values make a difference
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We are transparent
- We succeed when our customers succeed
- We do not only get things done, but also in the right way.
- We value, support and help each other grow.
- And we have fun!
Your compensation and reward: This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early-stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunities for personal growth and fun. You will receive competitive remuneration and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
How To Apply for Numida Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below. In your motivation letter, please make sure to explain why you are a good ft for Numida and this particular position, with a focus on your past experiences.
Deadline: 14th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.